EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yep. Should be seeing my new LED kit here soon, my first kit had issues so ATP is sending me a new one I believe. Should arrive this week I hope.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Hopefully that's not a bad sign and just a fluke. I would like to see them last. Might be my next option.

Black AOD

Reaction score
It wasn't a bulb issue, or fitment issue, the prongs were bent in one of the connector ends so one of my bulbs wasn't getting full power. The one side that did work was BRIGHT. I was impressed. No big issue.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Those lights look good! Jd is painting my set right now with black housings and the amber reflector the dark grey color of my bumpers and flares.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Those lights look good! Jd is painting my set right now with black housings and the amber reflector the dark grey color of my bumpers and flares.

Awesome! I bet they'll look real good :thumbsup:

***Update***

Truck still running good, put almost 2000 miles on it, bout to change the oil this week, I have the new Aeromotive LP lift pump on order through UDP. That will be going in once it gets here with a fuel bowl delete and a fuel cooler delete/relocate. I will be doing a Rigid Light Kit up front with a 20" Bar and Rigid Fog Lights as well. Still haven't had time to PTM my headlights yet, still need free time. I have a slight driveline vibration at certain speeds, I'm convinced a new rear driveshaft is needed, I am looking at going to a one piece with 1480 U-Joints. We will see. If that cant work, a new OEM with an OUO Carrier bearing drop will take the ticket.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well the truck developed a small boost leak, I cant identify where its coming from and the whole truck is still pretty much warrantied through UDP so its back there getting that fixed, having some tuning revisions done for some fuel stuff, and getting the rear driveline looked into for an odd shudder. Still haven't had time to PTM the headlights or install my LED blinker bulbs. The LED Headlight bulbs need adjustment but I'm still loving them, they are very very bright. Just need Rigid Fogs and a light bar still.

Black AOD

Reaction score
How's the truck doing?
Runs like a champ. I've got about 5k miles on the whole build. Just changed the oil again yesterday and had the tires re-balanced. Had a new 2-piece driveshaft put in a few weeks ago with 1410 chromoly u-joints, balanced and an OUO adjustable carrier. Truck pulls hard under WOT for a stock fuel truck. It drives like a normal 6.4 until you mash the pedal. UDP has the new Aeromotive LP system sitting for me, I have yet to get down there and pick it up. It will go on later this year with some other things for the LP fuel side. Still need some rigid lighting up front, hope to get that by the end of the year as well.

At the end of October, I'll be putting it on FirePunk Diesel's dyno along with Nate Bailors 6.4 and WhiteMamba's (Petey) RCD built 6.7. Hoping to make 700 rwhp

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
How are you liking the LED headlight setup you've been running?
So far so good, one side takes longer to brighten up but no issues so far. Very bright and light pattern/distribution is very good. Hi beams suck but that's all LED's....I really need to get on some of the new Rigid XL Dually fog light kits. And a 20' bar.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Sweet!! Good to hear. My right hid is starting to flicker so upgrade may be in the future lol. I heard from a good friend that the new rigid dually DOT pattern ones are the ones to get. Very bright and great cutoff.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Sweet!! Good to hear. My right hid is starting to flicker so upgrade may be in the future lol. I heard from a good friend that the new rigid dually DOT pattern ones are the ones to get. Very bright and great cutoff.

Yup. I plan on getting the Dually XL Driving Lights and a Rigid 20" Hyperspot Light Bar. I have to wait to get those until after I get this lift pump though :doh:

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/86829...gine-products-aeromotive-diesel-lift-pump.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Idk yet. UDP ordered one for me, it's waiting. I'll pay what they tell me to haha.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Yup. I plan on getting the Dually XL Driving Lights and a Rigid 20" Hyperspot Light Bar. I have to wait to get those until after I get this lift pump though :doh:

Gonna be a nice setup. Won't have any issues with fuel or light lol.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Gonna be a nice setup. Won't have any issues with fuel or light lol.
Nope not at all. I'd like to do duel fuelers and some 100% nozzles and some big compounds but there is really no point on doing that on this truck for what it's daily use is. Then I'd also have to tear the motor back apart and do billet rods and then I might as well port and o-ring the heads....which I'd rather not do that stuff either. Ha