H&S 6.4 single install and review

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
if you're running GH tunes, his compound tunes do that sometimes due to lack of bottom end fuel unless you're at absolute 100% throttle

travisH3

Reaction score
Finally back into the 12's!!!!!!!!

Ok so decided to run in the street diesel class at our local track. It's for 13.0 and slower trucks but I figured was perfect for me running 13.1 no matter what and it would be an easy win.

I've been testing out running H&s single turbo ecm file with gearhead regular trans file. First practice run I left at 10psi and ran a 12.8 at 104mph. And 90 degree heat. So with a 15psi launch, and some weight reduction(tool box, spare, tailgate) and a cool night I could prolly do even better. Ended up taking 1st place out of 10 or so trucks. Had to pedal it out at the end a few time. Few of the trucks were dialed in perfect at 13.0 so I just kept right with them. The one time I ran a 12.99 and luckily the guy jumped the line and I got the win

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Nice Travis......I'll be doing this very very soon.....slightly worried about tuning so I've been watching this thread carefully, can you tell me here or pm me on your thoughts about different tuning with the single kit.....thanks man

travisH3

Reaction score
Nice Travis......I'll be doing this very very soon.....slightly worried about tuning so I've been watching this thread carefully, can you tell me here or pm me on your thoughts about different tuning with the single kit.....thanks man

For towing especiall heavy - H&s engine and trans file works best. Keeps Rpms up, egts down, hardly any smoke and good power. Trans locks up too late for it to be a race tune.

For daily driving and highest power - so far I've found H&s engine file paired with gearheads trans file. Little smokey if you don't know how to drive it, egts can get hot if you don't use tow haul to light the turbo if you are going to hit a hill in OD. But feels the strongest

Jesse byall has been wanting to write me tunes just been debating if I want to keep buying tunes or go to a different setup. Haven't decided yet.

Cknox121

Reaction score
If you decide to get rid of the h&s kits keep me on the list for it. Have been regretting getting rid of mine ever since I did it... Awesome to here about track times. I also was in favor of the h&s engine life with a gearhead transfile.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Travis. Jesses crazy farmer file would probably wake that turbo up. It has alot of low boost fueling. Very very responsive on a stock truck and really too much fuel but is fast. Especially coupled with a modified h&s s1l trans tune. Makes my single cab scary fast.

Red Ripper

Reaction score
Finally found the time to instal the H&S single kit, BD manifolds & up pipes as well as RCD ported intake and so far it runs grate & sounds awesome!!
Still playing with tuning at this point but the BD tap shifter helps a lot when towing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
Maryland kit...it's very nice!
Truck spools just good as the H&S kit/turbo and a lot more top end power! I think he's taking to the track next Friday.

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
We are working on a hybrid S400 that will work on our existing T4 kit. Should be around an 84mm billet wheel for guys that want more top end power:)

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I don't understand why you don't just use/make a s400/s300 kit that uses the regular exhaust housing.

I'm asking...not preaching.

Latest posts

Members online