p0088 with Spartan runs like crap, Load H&S runs great

golfpro2301

Reaction score
How do I get the most up to date files. The guy I bought truck from did the spf and spartan in Jan of this year. Also when was the latest ford flash std. Is there an engine build date?

djr4x4

Reaction score
That link I posted will tell you everything that you need to do.. You need to get with spartan if that tuner does not have the 7.10 software on it and also if the tuner is not registered in your name

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
thanks

http://www.spartandieseltech.com/ostpressrelease.pdf

Version 710 is all-new software for the Spartan Phalanx ("DashDAQ") and Spartan Phalanx II (nDash)
tuners for 6.4L Powerstroke applications. New users will note several functionality changes, along with
the addition of several new features.
1.) Separate "Early Lock" and "Late Lock" tuning files are now gone. Torque converter lockup
speed is now selectable in the user options menu on your tuning device. 2 options are available
now, with more expanded options coming soon in the future.
2.) Tire Size Adjustment is now available on-screen. Specific directions can be found on the
instructions document listed above. This feature will correct transmission shifting and the
vehicle's dashboard Speedometer for any size tire up to 53" in diameter, and can be "tweaked"
and calibrated to your exact, specific tire by GPS comparison.
3.) Separate "EGR Off" files are no longer needed for competition vehicles. The function can now
be enabled and disabled in the user options menu.
4.) Other user adjustable options, such as for an aftermarket low pressure fuel system
(FASS/Airdog/etc), Traction Control Disable (bypass) and disabling DTC P0088 are also now
accessible.

golfpro2301

Reaction score
Yeah spartan said I need to register it. I drove it tonight and couldnt get code to throw. Im 50/50 right now on whether it is HPFP. What do you guys think?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I think the OEM variance is set tight for emissions reasons. If the truck needs to regen while you're hooked up with 20,000lbs behind it and you're commanding a lot of fuel/load, there has to be some amount of "reserve" fueling on hand to perform the regen process.

If you're dropping below the commanded rail pressure for too long, the computer's logic says, "well, if we can't keep up with rail pressure while just driving around, we certainly can't keep up with the fuel demands of a regen cycle! time for limp mode!"

But in a performance application, if you're commanding 28,000psi and only making 26,000, who cares? :confused: why throw the truck into limp mode over that? why replace a HPFP over that?

golfpro2301

Reaction score
I am not going to bother with it for now. If it comes back on i will load a higher tune and see what happens. Am I correct that the new flash from ford wont make a difference with those running spartan tuners? Outside of being able to turn off the code is there any other good features with spartan update?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I am not going to bother with it for now. If it comes back on i will load a higher tune and see what happens. Am I correct that the new flash from ford wont make a difference with those running spartan tuners? Outside of being able to turn off the code is there any other good features with spartan update?

We do have custom tuning coming up right after spartan releases 13-16 tuning.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

a factory flash means nothing when you're going to just re-load your aftermarket flash

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
did you have the latest update from Ford?

My buddy just lost the HPFP on his 2010. It was bone stock up until 6 months ago. Truck has 95k on it or so now. He's been running H&S HD300 since the day he got it.

The truck didn't kick a single code. It was down on power intermittently and he kept beating the crap out of it trying to get something to actually FAIL if it was going to (he works in the field and wanted it to fail near home vs. out in the field)

The truck just up and died. New HPFP and it's been running great ever since.

YMMV

This is why we made the decision not to up the parameters.

I thought it was a bad idea when Ford made the change- it was a decision made by bean counters in the warranty department, plain and simple.

It's very common for pumps to wipe out all 8 injectors when they fail, from contamination. When it comes to the decision of giving our customers advanced warning so that a 2,000.00 dollar repair doesn't turn into 5 or 6 thousand dollars.

Those of you with the codes are sitting on an expensive ticking clock. When we release custom tuning again in September, I'll be more than happy to turn off that code in the files, on an individual basis.

That doesn't mean I will ever put it into production that way (I won't), nor do I think it's an intelligent move.

golfpro2301

Reaction score
Had it come up again and decided to take it to a specialty diesel shop in Jax that specializes in Ford. After talking with them they said safe bet would be to replace. They said it could last a while or could fail next day. So I had them do HPFP, their custom EGR ******, full synthetic motorcraft change, and both fuel filters. Was out the door for $3200. One thing I notice now is at low acceleration I hear a sound similar to holding your fingers up to a fan blade. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online