First sled pull

08Monster

Reaction score
Need some advice, doing my first pull this weekend. Truck is a 2008 6.4 with a billet 366 single, with gearhead tunes. 4.5in lift, 35x13.50s, and HD bumpers. What gear? What should I add to it? Thanks in advance

dzldoctor

Reaction score
My first pull with 6.4 also tomorrow night. I just went across scale here. CCSB full tank came in at 8345? Seem right not a lot of stuff behind seat jumper cable and such. I wasn't expecting that much. No big wheels or lifts.

08Monster

Reaction score
No traction bars. Could i fab some up rather easily? I'm not sure on hanging weight. I have a big ass road armor style bumper upfront to help with weight. Mine weighed 8500, which I thought was feather light considering all the extras. Big heavy tires, big heavy bumpers, 5in exhaust, lift, light bars, tonneau, etc. Haha

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Yeah with out a 2nd shock on the OEM radius arm set up it will hop when normal travel is allowed. If you strap it down to the bumpstop it doesn't allow normal travel and won't allow for the hop.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Yeah with out a 2nd shock on the OEM radius arm set up it will hop when normal travel is allowed. If you strap it down to the bumpstop it doesn't allow normal travel and won't allow for the hop.

Very nice. Great advice. How bout the rear end?

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Very nice. Great advice. How bout the rear end?
Leave it alone. No point in doing suspension stops or moving hitch until you get other things taken care of. Keep hitch height lower, 22" or so. Takes more hp to be able to use that taller height.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
17dbce9e08fd4fa307ee9faa15319f4d.jpg

This is my favorite brand of hitch. Fully adjustable in 1" incerments. Used by stock trucks all the way to 2.6 trucks. Search Randy Massey on FaceBook.

08Monster

Reaction score
Front end is strapped, hitch in, ready to rock. I'll let you know and get a video.

08Monster

Reaction score
I'll post it when I get home soon. 2nd place. Had a few issues during the pull, but nothing broke

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

holy hell do they ever on my 6.7 too! tried it friday night and with hard tires and almost bald, i manually shifted to 4th gear lowlock, feathering the throttle and as soon as it hit a certain wheel speed in every gear it would hop so dam bad i thought i was gonna break it to chit..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online