p0088 with Spartan runs like crap, Load H&S runs great

Moremph

Reaction score
I have two trucks here locally with spartan tuneing. One being the old ladys dads truck, His truck keeps throwing a p0088 and will not take more the 1/4 throttle runs like complete ass and is basically useless, We pulled the spartan off and sent it back to them for the updates they said it was completly fine nothing wrong with it and updated it and sent it back and told us to yank the cab and put a cab on it cuz it needed a pump.

Well while it was gone i loaded my h&S on it and it didnt act up one single time the whole week the spartan was gone. Loaded the spartan back on it, 1 hour later back to the same old issue. Called Spartan and they seemed clueless except that it need a pump.

So to test the theory again removed the spartan put an h&s on 300 hp mode and beat the dog **** out of it and it has not acted up one single time. The Spartan on every tune will act up.

So how many people have replaced pumps with spartans now because of "this" issue that could possibly be fixed with a tuning change?

Thanks Travis

webb06

Reaction score
Weird...I've replaced a few pumps because of the p0088 code. Both were stock and untuned though.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
The H&S tuning has a wider parameter for setting P0088 just like the latest ford calibrations. All this means is this truck's HPFP has a pressure control valve duty cycle outside of Spartans parameter which is most likely the old ford parameter and H&S uses the newer wider parameter. If the pump was further out of range it would still set the code with the H&S. Bottom line: replace the pump.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The H&S tuning has a wider parameter for setting P0088 just like the latest ford calibrations. All this means is this truck's HPFP has a pressure control valve duty cycle outside of Spartans parameter which is most likely the old ford parameter and H&S uses the newer wider parameter. If the pump was further out of range it would still set the code with the H&S. Bottom line: replace the pump.

Good post.

Moremph

Reaction score
so your saying that it is on death row and that the hs will be fine for x amount of time and then it will start doing the same thing as well.

Travis

Moremph

Reaction score
Its been two weeks now with the h&S on 300 hp truck is running like a champ not missed a beat or thrown a single code, Why cant spartan open up thier window like everyone else has!

Travis

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Its been two weeks now with the h&S on 300 hp truck is running like a champ not missed a beat or thrown a single code, Why cant spartan open up thier window like everyone else has!

Travis

The wider parameter was more of a tuning band-aid by ford to coast the HPFP past 100k miles and out of warranty.

Moremph

Reaction score
My only question is how can a 300hp hs tune run excellent and not throw that code yet a 40hp spartan tune can not

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
My only question is how can a 300hp hs tune run excellent and not throw that code yet a 40hp spartan tune can not

I don't think HP level of the tune has much to do with it seeing as a stock truck with the early calibration will set P0088 when the pressure control valve is sticking open. It's all about parameters for the pressure control valve duty cycle.

Latest posts

Members online