A little update on my truck...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'll text you lol I might find some other tires to shred... Are there any good spots up there that you know of?

There's a couple good places I know of down here lol

I have an old set of 17s that are pretty well gone anyway, if there is enough smoke no one will know any different anyway.

There is a spot out by my folks place that might be good, has a parked train in the background from time to time. Let me swing out there after work and kinda look it over and maybe take some cell shots and see what it looks like.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
your in colorado. you have mountains.

find a road that winds around the side of a mountain. set up a front shot of the truck. give the illusion your drifting that big bitch around the turn, with your metric-chit-ton of burnout smoke, zoomed out juuuuuust enough to kinda get a panoramic shot of awesome scenery in the back ground.

when i say illusion, from a stop, when you start your burn out, after the smoke show starts, you should be able to slide the rear out a tad and still be in control. your on a mountain, after all.

if you can do it with zero breeze, or just a hint of a tail wind the smoke will be retarded thick.

and us country folk here in IL, have been know to drain the window washer res, put bleach in it, and run a line back to the rear tires. quick push of the window washers, and your metric-chit-ton of smoke turns into a epic-chit-ton of smoke. teh bleach is also easy to flush outta the res when your done. just pop your new line off, rinse the res, put your old one back on, and done.

and i liked pic #2

also, if memory serves, Ft. Collins is next to some state/national parks. they might not like it, but i'd bet you could find some awesome places to take your pic.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score

find a road that winds around the side of a mountain. set up a front shot of the truck. give the illusion your drifting that big bitch around the turn, with your metric-chit-ton of burnout smoke, zoomed out juuuuuust enough to kinda get a panoramic shot of awesome scenery in the back ground.

when i say illusion, from a stop, when you start your burn out, after the smoke show starts, you should be able to slide the rear out a tad and still be in control. your on a mountain, after all.

if you can do it with zero breeze, or just a hint of a tail wind the smoke will be retarded thick.

and us country folk here in IL, have been know to drain the window washer res, put bleach in it, and run a line back to the rear tires. quick push of the window washers, and your metric-chit-ton of smoke turns into a epic-chit-ton of smoke. teh bleach is also easy to flush outta the res when your done. just pop your new line off, rinse the res, put your old one back on, and done.

and i liked pic #2

also, if memory serves, Ft. Collins is next to some state/national parks. they might not like it, but i'd bet you could find some awesome places to take your pic.

^^^That's a h#ll of an idea!!!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
nah, i live in IL, we dont have that kinda scenery here.

sometimes i just get......good/different ideas, and i thought that one was a good one.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just have Matt write a tune that would make the fire department think you were burning tires in a bonfire. Who cares if you can't see the truck. Won't matter when people realize the whole pic is smoke.

Wayne

Reaction score

and i liked pic #2

LOL LOL LOL I love how much thought you put into this! It would make for a sweet pic. The highway going west out of Golden would be perfect, especially this time of year, but JD probably has a few other great places in mind that are closer.

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
JD, saw your truck at Spradely Barr this afternoon. Was sitting there and walked out to see the progress on mine(tranny flush) and was like "I know that truck!". Very sharp in person, love the hood and light bar. Very sleeper status!

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Saw these for sale on PSA and decided JD needs forces.
9ad934dd9f6f9678331c478b402a4646.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
JD, saw your truck at Spradely Barr this afternoon. Was sitting there and walked out to see the progress on mine(tranny flush) and was like "I know that truck!". Very sharp in person, love the hood and light bar. Very sleeper status!

Just saw this! Lol should have flagged me down! I have an oil change package through the dealer, and it was there getting an oil change. Thank you!

Saw these for sale on PSA and decided JD needs forces.
9ad934dd9f6f9678331c478b402a4646.jpg

Haha I'm way ahead of you on that one. It'll be getting some forces at some point. And I have some picked out thanks to Nate :D

589abb9cc23cc5aabab8a747337c0a69.jpg

1ad5ac0f882d8a512c2a9d1b03400f5a.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just saw this! Lol should have flagged me down! I have an oil change package through the dealer, and it was there getting an oil change. Thank you!

Haha I'm way ahead of you on that one. It'll be getting some forces at some point. And I have some picked out thanks to Nate :D

589abb9cc23cc5aabab8a747337c0a69.jpg

1ad5ac0f882d8a512c2a9d1b03400f5a.jpg

best wheel they make. by far .

03silvertj

Reaction score
jd,

A bit off topic, and may have been asked in the thread already... How did you mount the light bar in your bumper? Did you make your own brackets?

Edit: 5 or 7, but I prefer 5.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online