cknox121's slow build

sootie

Reaction score
X2 for Morgan @ Midwest.

If you can afford it, it's the only way to go. Morgan will take real good care of you!

I've got all the stuff you should need. Be glad to discuss options.

There is still a good amount of the a-1's left if you want them. Although I don't know how much longer they will last. But they will no-longer be making anymore. At least until someone buys them out and starts producing them again.

On a side note I have no complaints using arp's and the price is cheaper.

Check out the website www.midwestdieselauto.com

Tell me about it.....

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

cant say we didnt tell you... :poke:

j/k buddy!

Cknox121

Reaction score
I have studs lol.

Ordered all the bearings, gaskets, new lifters, etc from Rudy's last week.

So here is the dilemma...I purchased .30 over pistons, delipped and coated. At first I received news that the new Pistons wouldn't work...wtf... but after talking to the Machine shop says they have to machine the tops of the pistons for clearance, yada yada pretty much saying the coatings going to get messed up but they can still use the Pistons. Ok. Cool. So I will just have them recoated...nothing like paying for something twice...anyways, the guys is pretty set in stone that he's going to have to machine the pistons, but he doesn't even have the bearing. They were mistakenly shipped to my house instead of his shop. So hopefully he doesn't have to machine the pistons. Great luck right!? Anyways, the motor was supposed to be finished this week, but now the whole piston ordeal has thrown everything off track. Hopefully they recieve all the gaskets and bearings to finish it up tomorrow Andy it's finished by next week. To bad I will be out of town again. All I can say is this better be one bad ass motor as long as it's taken lol.

In other news converters in, transfer case is bolted up and it's ready for install after the motor is in.
cd3817aac8c76612e1ab465b61fc83f7.jpg
aae1b6af8f32cc5339b473be4c085597.jpg

Would any of yall happen to have the plastic piece that goes on the shifter? I left mine on my core like a tard
50c12e1b2fae742b56706f0121cba2d5.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Yes! Yes it will! Finally figured everything out with the motor. 2 cranks the shop tried to use were also junk, so I'm getting a new one from ford. ETA is about 2 weeks.

Oh I'm sure they will

Why were they considered junk? I'm just curious here

Cknox121

Reaction score
Really? Sounds to me like they are buying time or trying to make more money off you...

I could have a new crank tomorrow. Fwiw. Don't let them screw you around.

It's been 2 months. Long story short, it will be finished in about 2 weeks. As soon as some parts exchange hands it will be wrapped up. Lucky there was a new crank in Atlanta.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I was about to say lol, I can have a complete long block in my shop. 2 days tops. But can't wait to see how it runs! Good luck

Cknox121

Reaction score
I was about to say lol, I can have a complete long block in my shop. 2 days tops. But can't wait to see how it runs! Good luck

Hind sites 20/20. Should have bought short block, built, then transferred everything over.

devdiesel

Reaction score
It could just be how things are being worded, but it sounds like your getting screwed by this machine shop.. Twisted cranks, decked pistons. Etc.. I hope it works out for you but it sounds sketchy..

Cknox121

Reaction score
Need the plastic clip that holds shifter cable to trans. If any one has one pm me! Picture for reference
dce20769c7597feb5b8e1205984ebedf.jpg

Latest posts

Members online