Beans71086's wasn't suppose to be a build thread

Beans71086

Reaction score
So we lifted the cab on my truck a couple weeks ago with the intentions of doing the following:

-head gaskets
-deck the heads
-egr delete
-down pipe
-cold side pipe
-replace egt sensor
-ported intake (if it makes it in time)
-Dualing batmos (after we dyno)

When Dustin (Dustball) got the valve train out, he found two bent pushrods. Took the heads off and found two cracked pistons.... ***!!! So if the heads are ok :angel: we're going to extend the build list to:

- IH pistons
- RCD valve springs
- pushrods (havnt decided on billets or stockers yet)
- low pressure fuel system

Just wanting some opinions, only planning on a 71mm and 30% nozzles someday, no bigger.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
What he doesn't know is that I took and air chisel to said pistons to create said cracks :D

Just a couple baby cracks.

IMG00596-20120920-0908_zps18500cb6.jpg

one2nine

Reaction score
Ouch man sorry to hear. I was hoping to make it down and talk with dustin the other week but never got a chance. You planning on waste gating at all?

Beans71086

Reaction score
Hey guys I moved the pushrod talk over here...just tryin to keep his build thread on topic for updates

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23563

Thanks josh!

Thanks, and sorry to muck up your thread Kelly.

Dave

No biggy.

Ouch man sorry to hear. I was hoping to make it down and talk with dustin the other week but never got a chance. You planning on waste gating at all?

It's ok, we had the cab up a lot earlier than expected anyway. Negative on the wastegate, I don't think I'll be needing it with just the batmos.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks josh!

No biggy.

It's ok, we had the cab up a lot earlier than expected anyway. Negative on the wastegate, I don't think I'll be needing it with just the batmos.

You may want to consider a WG. Johnny77Mutt has the 71 batmo, HP batmo, MPD exhaust manny/up pipes and on stock fuel he is seeing 71 EBPs. I think he needs to get the tuning adjusted cause it seems like his duty cycle may be off a little (he hasn't been on this setup very long) but I would think 30% nozzles may make that even more difficult to control even with the right tuning. I should admit I may be biased because I do wish now that I would have done a WG when I upgraded the turbo, intake manny, exh manny/up pipes. BTW we are both gear jammers so that may be a factor, but I would think that would help us because our TC (clutch) is always locked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online