Twisted stage3 trans

1tonpower

Reaction score
To make a long story short. I'm having their trans installed in my truck this week. With a new set of up pipes since the trans will be out of the way. The only bad thing is that I'm on the other side of the world right now and have to wait a few more months before I can drive her again..it's only adding to the excitement of getting home

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
This will be my choice for my truck...
Keep us updated how you like it when you get back...

Stroked777

Reaction score
I heard of twisted being good in the 6.0 world but haven't heard about them behind a 6.4. It's the same trans though so it should work out the same

1tonpower

Reaction score
its their standard stage 3 biuld..im not biulding the truck to be a high horse power killer. im just looking for solid daily driver/work horse. i had them put a new steering pump in it also. the original was wining and hard to turn when stopped. brakes on both axles and a new radiator to come soon..she should feel like a new truck next time i drive her.

1tonpower

Reaction score
Welp i got home last week and ive put a few hundred miles on the truck, when i left the driver side up pipe was blown, trans would just about break your back when if and when it dicided to shift into 2or OD.mmost of the time it would shift 135 and stay in 5th. And the radiator leaked like a siv.

With a little help from twisted and a local shop that did the work for me its like a completely differant truck. I have yet to put the peddle to the floor, but with normal driving its great. The only thing im getting use to is that the trans holds the gears a little longer, and wont go into OD under 50mph.

Pan4905

Reaction score
Do you notice that the truck wants to pull hard when stopped in gear and higher Egts when stopped in gear. I've got about 1500 miles on my twisted stage 3 and my Egts are about 50-80 degrees higher stopped in gear and you can feel it pulling noticeably harder than stock trying to go while stopped. Have to make sure I keep my foot firm on the brake.

lowdog63

Reaction score
I'll be getting the same Transmission next month. They told me they come with Precision converter. I'll also be getting PMF traction bars at the same time. Man, I cant wait!

swinky

Reaction score
I'll be getting the same Transmission next month. They told me they come with Precision converter. I'll also be getting PMF traction bars at the same time. Man, I cant wait!

Damn and you live right there too. Some very nice trucks up in that area.

1tonpower

Reaction score
Do you notice that the truck wants to pull hard when stopped in gear and higher Egts when stopped in gear. I've got about 1500 miles on my twisted stage 3 and my Egts are about 50-80 degrees higher stopped in gear and you can feel it pulling noticeably harder than stock trying to go while stopped. Have to make sure I keep my foot firm on the brake.

I cant answer the egt question, i dont have my monitor in right now. But it does seem to take more break presure to keep it from rollling.