lifting cab without lift??

nickg9785

Reaction score
ok so i was going to try and do head gaskets on my truck cab on but i think id rather pull the cab. i dont have access to a lift and im not paying someone to do something i can do myself. my service truck at work has a crane on it. i was thinking about opening the front and rear doors and pulling 2 good size crane straps around the top of the cab through the door openings and put some heavy blankets on the straps so it doesnt damage the headliner. my question is, is the roof strong enough to not get messed up in the process. id hate like hell to mess up the cab. another thought was to just jack the cab up with jacks and set it on 6x6s.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I have lifted a cab off with a crane a few times. They were junk trucks but if you rig it right you can pull it off. If you do it that way make sure you have spreader bars just about the width of the cab so you don't put any pressure on the cab itself.

nickg9785

Reaction score
i think im just going to try and jack it up and put 6x6s under the cab. it seems pretty sketchy to lift it with a crane. id kick my self in the a$$ is something were to happen

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
So badly want a removable post lift in my driveway til I buy property but thinking code will give me chit but I'm right here w/u guys on this.. Up pipe bolts I feel will be most difficult along w/turbo removal.. Like said above, once battery trays are out I do see there is room but heard about torquing back stud & cab is in the way?

Jonnydime

Reaction score

I live in Florida like you and if your truck is a true Florida truck the uppipe bolts are a breeze. After I got mine out I was wondering what the big deal was but then I remembered growing up in Michigan and the wonderful joys of rust.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I live in Florida like you and if your truck is a true Florida truck the uppipe bolts are a breeze. After I got mine out I was wondering what the big deal was but then I remembered growing up in Michigan and the wonderful joys of rust.

thanks, it was a Fla truck.. All EGR bolts were pretty easy so you might be right!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.