Injector Flowing and balancing

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I never got any good info on this subject. Can anyone explain the benefits of having this done. Ever since my build I have noticed more injector noise as well as more of a rougher idle especially with the ac on. I have 60% tips with five new injectors and three original with 65,000 miles.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Get with Jared at rcd. But from what i understand your going through each injector and making sure they are all putting out the same fuel and also are returning the same. That would create (in theory) equal power from all cylinders. And from what i gather is you can have a different nozzle heights by having the torque off just a little bit either way from one injector to the next. But I'm NOT an expert on this! So please hit up Jared for more accurate info.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
So I sent my injectors to RCD to be flowed and balanced and 3 passed and 5 failed. It just so happens that when I did my top end build in September I replaced 5 injectors that I broke the pins in. Guess which injectors failed RCD's flow bench? The 5 mother ***cng remans. After talking with Daron at RCD the plan we came up with is for me to go buy 5 more injectors from the same dealer and send them to RCD so I can have a balanced set and they will send back the defective ones for me to return to the dealer.

Okay so I call the dealer I bought them from and explain my situation to them and they say thats never happened and we don't know if we will take them back you will have to talk to the parts manager on Monday. I went as far as offering them the flow sheet as proof the injectors are bad and they said they have no way of checking so it will be up to the parts manager. So long story short in my opinion if you buy reman injectors do you self a favor and have them checked out first. Daron at RCD as well as the company in general have been very helpful in this situation. I will keep you guys up to date as things happen.

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Thats wonderful. Sorry to hear about your bad luck man. RCD will get you taken care of. Its pretty sad that the 5 new injectors were the junk ones, I can only imagine how many times that has happened.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It's nice to see that all the reman items from the fuel system are of such good quality

Jonnydime

Reaction score
It's nice to see that all the reman items from the fuel system are of such good quality

Let's just hope the dealer doesn't try to screw me. On Monday I will go get another five remans and get them shipped to RCD so they can do their work and I can get my truck back on the road. My plan is to buy them on a credit card and if they deny the warranty I will file a dispute. I'm hoping since I can prove that they are out of spec that my credit card company will side with me.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have been investigating the *junk 6.4 injector design * for awhile now. I'm possibly going to be venturing down a road not traveled, and will be retrofitting a different injector into my 6.4. They are a bosch injector that i will be using.

That is if i decide to pull the trigger on this plan.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I ran these injectors for about 2000 miles and never had a single code or issue from the truck. The only reason I pulled them was I had to pull the turbos to fix a hpfp leak from me reusing the factory return line and figured why not. It kinda make you wonder how many people could be running around on bad injectors. I don't know what running injectors the are returning to much fuel will do but that is why RCD said they failed the flow bench.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I ran these injectors for about 2000 miles and never had a single code or issue from the truck. The only reason I pulled them was I had to pull the turbos to fix a hpfp leak from me reusing the factory return line and figured why not. It kinda make you wonder how many people could be running around on bad injectors. I don't know what running injectors the are returning to much fuel will do but that is why RCD said they failed the flow bench.

do they have a spec sheet you can post? at what pressures were they tested to?

johnp115

Reaction score

This, id be interested to know if there are long term or short term negatives. i mean im pretty sure there would be, just curious. Because id bet many people are running around with out of spec injectors. i had to put one reman in my 6.4 and i bet theres a good chance that one was out of spec

sootie

Reaction score
ya-i want more info too. i had to put all new injectors in at 105k because they were all returning too much fuel. funny part is, my truck now romps on cold starts and has a blue haze at all times and i never had that with original injectors.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Someone highly educated put it to me this way...Before the technology became available to test injectors, they were taken out, clean, nozzles changed, etc. and put right back in...take it how you please

Latest posts

Members online