1000 RWHP Build for the summer

ingrahams

Reaction score
9EDE8219-FAD3-42FF-AE9B-F9D371932687_zpsgf7fir7g.jpg

ingrahams

Reaction score
Well I should update this a bit. During my last trip home I changed all the fluids in the truck and finally installed the trutrack in the rear. Also installed a set of 325 Hoosiers in hopes of bringing the 60 foot down to to a 1.4-1.5. Got it to the track and blew a brake hose at the line on my first run so only achieved a 11.99 at 126. Got it home, changed the brake line and took it to a Dyno day where it put down 1674hp with the help of Tyler from sdp ghetto fogging it. Overall I'm happy with the trucks performance, and look forward to getting some weight off of it and hopefully get it deep into the 10's. Before another run at the track it will need the heads removed to see what is causing it to push so much coolant out of the degas tank, i was told it got o-ringed heads but we will see. It will also get a progressive controller for the nitrous Along with a bottle heater.

bfcee99108f3c211ab48f2fd934e5b33_zpslnserzy8.jpg

Matt

Reaction score
Nice numbers! We're any of the numbers fuel only, or just different amounts of spray?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that dyno was a wee bit on the high side. Congrats man !

ingrahams

Reaction score
well aware of that dyno's reputation. I will be focusing on track times in the coming months. Breaking into the 9's is the goal but a lot of weight needs to come off for that to happen. seats will be coming out for race seats and a 8.5 cage and eventually the rear will be back halved with a 4 link set up with either steel or fiberglass bedsides.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well aware of that dyno's reputation. I will be focusing on track times in the coming months. Breaking into the 9's is the goal but a lot of weight needs to come off for that to happen. seats will be coming out for race seats and a 8.5 cage and eventually the rear will be back halved with a 4 link set up with either steel or fiberglass bedsides.

I figured you were. Regardless the truck is very impressive. Sounds like a hell of job in front of you cutting up that pretty truck !

ingrahams

Reaction score
I thought about buying a rclb and swapping the powertrain but I like the look of my truck too much, and I dont think I could cram myself into a rc with a 8.5 cage. I'm not doing anything crazy until next fall/winter, just the cage and pulling the heads to see why it's pushing so much coolant out, and if there out they might as well be ported. After that it's redoing some piping, adding another gate and replacing or rebuilding the turbos. Next year will be the time for the plasma torch to come out.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
nice ! i'm kinda on the same path as you . congrats buddy .

ingrahams

Reaction score
Well after looking at my options for a motor that will handle the power needed to get into the 9's with a ccsb I figured I was left with two options. the first option involved a game changing engine program that Morgan is developing but unfortunately it is still in the early phases and will take some time before it's available. The second option and the one that I decided to go with is to swap a D&J Deckplate 6.7 into the truck, luckily Morgan had one set up with 400% injectors and stroker pumps ready to go. still on the fence on if the 4R is staying or not but we will see. I'll start a new thread when things start moving along.

-Stew

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well after looking at my options for a motor that will handle the power needed to get into the 9's with a ccsb I figured I was left with two options. the first option involved a game changing engine program that Morgan is developing but unfortunately it is still in the early phases and will take some time before it's available. The second option and the one that I decided to go with is to swap a D&J Deckplate 6.7 into the truck, luckily Morgan had one set up with 400% injectors and stroker pumps ready to go. still on the fence on if the 4R is staying or not but we will see. I'll start a new thread when things start moving along.

-Stew

Aww man. No more powerstroke....

Hey Stew, have you considered a firepunk built 48? They pretty much have that combo mastered on their two trucks with Enforcer's and their built 48's. Just wondering out loud.

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score

-Stew
Did you figure out why it was pushing coolant?

ingrahams

Reaction score
Thought I would update this now that most of the parts are together. Like I said above the engine will be a D&J Enforcer with 400% injectors, 12mm pumps with a FASS pump feeding them. Air will come from a PTE 7685 and a PTE Pro Mod 91. For the trans we are swapping in a Firepunk Comp 3 with a manual VB. The goal is to have it done by mid September when I'm home and I cant friggin wait to have this thing back. Ill make a build thread when the truck is done.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Thought I would update this now that most of the parts are together. Like I said above the engine will be a D&J Enforcer with 400% injectors, 12mm pumps with a FASS pump feeding them. Air will come from a PTE 7685 and a PTE Pro Mod 91. For the trans we are swapping in a Firepunk Comp 3 with a manual VB. The goal is to have it done by mid September when I'm home and I cant friggin wait to have this thing back. Ill make a build thread when the truck is done.

Oh is that all?

LOL this is gunna be dumb amounts of power lol

Latest posts

Members online