Madmans build thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
Haha Jared, can't wait till next time pard!

I'm not sure on classes for the show n shine. I couldn't hear most of the awards given out. Only thing I was curious about was best under hood of they had one. Considering my set up and the guy that came with me with triples, would have been interesting to see what the winner had. Otherwise, it was worth the 25 bucks for great parking spots near the vendors and track.

devdiesel

Reaction score
Great time with you and crew as always Wayne, (you missed one heck of a night in Nashville by the way lol) I'll let you know when the whole restaurant is up and running also, have to get you up for a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I met Brenton as well, super cool dude. Makes some super bad ass lifters too!

Thanks bud ! Great to meet all of you! Now back to Waynes build :) lol

Wayne do you get much time to go to the track ??? If so shoot me a PM let me know how she did !:joy:

madman1234509

Reaction score
Brenton I'm hoping to go to the track towards the end of the summer/ fall to see how it does. Never been to a track before so it'll be an experience.

madman1234509

Reaction score
And yes Devon it was a good time, can't wait for the next one. I would definitely like to come up sometime, unfortunately I don't think I'll be driving the truck acrossed the border

madman1234509

Reaction score
Just an update. Was out last evening. Got on it a little bit, under pretty good load I hit a small heave in the road from the ice over the winter. Heard a snap, truck acted as if it was in neutral. The bump in the road wasn't anything crazy, just enough to give it a shock under load. No crazy noises after the initial noise.

It was torn apart today, hoping itd be a quick input shaft swap. Ended up being the intermediate shaft. Waiting to see how the clutches in it looked, just as an inspection.

Attachments

• 239.jpg
    239.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 256.jpg
    256.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 260.jpg
    260.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 135

madman1234509

Reaction score
John, I was planning on the event in NJ this weekend. A small event in NH July 11th. The easy coast nationals at Numidia. A small local event to me. And Rudys. Those are events that I knew of, and am definitely up for going to more. At least this weekend is ruined, and now the July events are tenative at best.

Brenton a PM has been sent.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Amazing what some good weather and proper waste gate adjustments will accomplish. Saw my big turbo make like 50lbs of boost. Sounds insane sitting in the passenger seat near that intake tube with no filter on it.

Attachments

• 0829152222a.jpg
    0829152222a.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20150828_211239-1.jpg
    IMG_20150828_211239-1.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20150828_211323-1.jpg
    IMG_20150828_211323-1.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
It really is, I was shocked. Realistically it's just a number, and I do keep that in mind. I need to get to the track some day. If my mph could equate to even within 100-150hp of that I'd be ecstatic. Only downside is I have no experience racing so there is going to be a learning curve!

johnp115

Reaction score
It really is, I was shocked. Realistically it's just a number, and I do keep that in mind. I need to get to the track some day. If my mph could equate to even within 100-150hp of that I'd be ecstatic. Only downside is I have no experience racing so there is going to be a learning curve!

I'll gladly take it down the track for you :thumbsup::thumbsup: lol

madman1234509

Reaction score
Carnage......

So truck ran fine without the second pump running.... How worried should I be about the injectors? What do you guys typically do to prevent further damage if there is metal in the system? Any way to clean the injectors?

Attachments

• 2102.jpg
    2102.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 2098.jpg
    2098.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 126
Reaction score
Yeah pull rails down and clean them out. That really sucks :(.

This is also another reason we run a single line in our setup. This way the contaminants only go into one rail if a pump fails.

I have a pump but will need control valves

Reaction score
Just flush the system. Same reason we tell people not to reverse a used pump. Bad idea(not saying you did or not).

Only one way to find out. Only thing one line will do is destroy one whole bank and holds the nozzle open to melt pistons one one bank. Either way your still have to build a motor.

Reaction score
Only one way to find out. Only thing one line will do is destroy one whole bank and holds the nozzle open to melt pistons one one bank. Either way your still have to build a motor.

I disagree .... It all depends on what way the pump fails...

Reaction score
If the pump fails internally without a plunger and barrel failure then it doesn't matter what line arrangement you have. It will stay contained.

If you have a material failure in the plunger and barrel the only thing your doing by only feeding one rail is just contaminating one bank completely to failure instead of both equally. Either way your going to ruin stuff.

If you only stick a nozzle open on one bank instead of two you still ruined the engine. On our kit you can still only ruin one bank. It would have to go completely through the other k16 to get to both banks if only one pump fails. Either way if you hang an injector you are screwed.

Latest posts

Members online