Tuning Issues...

Cknox121

Reaction score
Long story short, been having a time getting some tunes for the truck. Im running Gearhead and Jesse Byalls tunes. Main issue is with gearheads engine files.

When I load the engine file I get dead pedal in rough 50 miles...

only happens on GH engine tunes wither its paired with GH trans file or Byalls trans file. Jesse's tunes run fine, although I prefer to run GH engine file.

Any ideas? Matt and I are lost...

Matt has even increased the fuel to the point of a good haze during take of and it still has the dead pedal issue.

Thanks.

Cody Knox

Cknox121

Reaction score
Update. Haven't heard anything from gear head. Idk what the deal is? Guess he's giving up on it. Jesse Byalls tunes are okay. Not the greatest. Purchased innovative and they have been nothing but great. Engine and trans file were almost spot on. Maybe a retune or 2 and it should be great. I want tunes from gear head to compare. I have always heard great things about his tuning but my experience has been sub par. Blame the truck...hell Im lost with how to help him. Everybody else's tunes work fine

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Any updates on your tuning?

Yup. Byall gave me a good trans tune. Innovative finally hit the nail on the head on both the engine and trans files. Trying out Cale Thompson tunes tomorrow, and I haven't heard anything from Gearhead.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yup. Byall gave me a good trans tune. Innovative finally hit the nail on the head on both the engine and trans files. Trying out Cale Thompson tunes tomorrow, and I haven't heard anything from Gearhead.

What platform does Cale write on? H&S? or SCT?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you have called GH, send them an email. I had the same problems with messages not getting to Larz or Matt. After another thread like this then I got an email to them directly. They are working on my tunes also. Just got another one to try.

Gearhead

Reaction score
What is your name? There is a C Knox that I have been communicating with as late at the 9th of this month. Is this you?

Edit: The last message from here is in July guys....

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I've had nothing but instant responses from Matt. Had no issues after a few tweaks in shifting. But Always got a response. Always.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.