6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

dieselflash

Reaction score
I'm glad I waited all night to see you run Morgan. Just wish the results would have been better. So if you want to do a pro fab box and divorce mount, why not go with a reverser and eliminate the zf6? That would be several hundred pounds in the weight box and from experience, make you an access panel in the floor for the pro fab for gear swaps if possible. It sure beats rolling around on the ground in a dark pit area.

Reaction score
I'm glad I waited all night to see you run Morgan. Just wish the results would have been better. So if you want to do a pro fab box and divorce mount, why not go with a reverser and eliminate the zf6? That would be several hundred pounds in the weight box and from experience, make you an access panel in the floor for the pro fab for gear swaps if possible. It sure beats rolling around on the ground in a dark pit area.

I wish it was better. And thanks!

The main reasons for not doing a reverser 1. money 2. Need a custom bell housing 3. Need a new clutch (this one has 5 hooks on it) 4. Time to fabricate all those new parts and certify the bell.

I was planning on gutting the zf6 to only have direct and reverse. That should bring it to close to the same weight.

The drop box will mount under the bed since it's a regular cab. And I'm not planning on having a bed floor in next years version, so it should be easy enough to get to.

I've got basically everything lined out save for having the actual pro-fab drop box, rear end and transmission. So I'm looking for a 2wd zf6 for a 6.4, pro-fab drop box divorced and a sqhd, preferably with 4.88 or 5:13 gears.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
a likely excuse.

just how well you getting to know Jared??

he sending you his dirty magazines or something?

Latest posts

Members online