blown oil seals/other issues?

Nick284

Reaction score
let me start by saying this small problem has been driving me nuts...i blew my oil feed line awhile back and smoked the turbo seals/thrust. so i got that fixed, complete rebuild kit. mount it back up and still get white smoke haze, or at idle. sometimes consistant and sometimes just at random... took it back, shop took it apart, everything was perfect. so then i was thinking my oil drain had a kink so it was running slow being backed up. ( still potential problem) tried 2 different angles best i could and still the same problem. could it be my ccv re route to the exhaust? the small amount of oil/ smoke it leaves. but im doubting that... coolant hasnt moved a hair since this problem started so rule that out. i cant figure out whyyy!!

6.4f350

Reaction score
What blew in your oil feed? CCV into the exhaust could certainly be causing it if you have excessive blow by/crankcase pressure (Why I ask about the turbo feed).

Nick284

Reaction score
the line came off the fitting that goes into the turbo. due to me not having a clamp on it, since it was ribbed. my fault. smoked the seals and thrust. i run a 3/4 line ccv vent, and honestly it smells like that. but its hard to figure out the smell because it could be smoke from oil but smell like ccv due to my vent... it could just be left over oil also? my pipes and exhaust has oil residue still from the "incident". but i figured it would be gone or go away by now. no water in my intercooler pipes, and im doubting its fuel being burnt,

Nick284

Reaction score
oil in the cac yes... but the seals were and thrust were just rebuilt. so i think its left over from before. im pulling my ccv out of the exhaust to try that. i does have a little blow by and generates a touch of oil. could be building up and burning it

Latest posts

Members online