6.4 owners with GH MCC tunes...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Hollar at me if you want to try a trans tune.

My job 1 tune is set up for my reg cab, though I could tweak it for a heavier truck.

My job 2 tune is on my CCLB and it's pretty mint.

What's different? I'm locking the converter in 3rd at part throttle. Really helps put power to the ground accelerating from a light or merging onto the highway without having to put it to the floor (or when it isn't prudent to do so!)

I have a lot of miles on these tunes in various trucks with zero issues. They're built around Matt's engine tune.

PM me if you want a taste

vr6dub

Reaction score
I'd be interested in this when you have it available for the general public. For some reason my truck doesn't really like the current trans tune that's in it. Mainly with the way the 4th-5th shifts and the TC lock/unlocks.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Hollar at me if you want to try a trans tune.

My job 1 tune is set up for my reg cab, though I could tweak it for a heavier truck.

My job 2 tune is on my CCLB and it's pretty mint.

What's different? I'm locking the converter in 3rd at part throttle. Really helps put power to the ground accelerating from a light or merging onto the highway without having to put it to the floor (or when it isn't prudent to do so!)

I have a lot of miles on these tunes in various trucks with zero issues. They're built around Matt's engine tune.

PM me if you want a taste

Please double check your pm's fella

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I did send out Job 2 tunes. I haven't had any time to mess with my Job 1 stuff. I also have a revision to do to the Job 2.

Sorry, a lot going on right now.

timj

Reaction score
What exactly is the difference between a job one and job 2 tcm and how does that effect the trans files? I've heard about it different times, just never knew what the deal was.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
What exactly is the difference between a job one and job 2 tcm and how does that effect the trans files? I've heard about it different times, just never knew what the deal was.

they are just different modules that utilize a different file

and you can't just click a button and copy the parameters from one file to another. you have to manually enter all the data. it's not the end of the world, it's just way down on my list right now, unfortunately :(

vr6dub

Reaction score
I know I'm not too worried about the time it takes for you to work on this. As myself, and probably plenty of others, greatly appreciate the time you're putting into even creating/working on another solution.

they are just different modules that utilize a different file

and you can't just click a button and copy the parameters from one file to another. you have to manually enter all the data. it's not the end of the world, it's just way down on my list right now, unfortunately :(

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Also, I'll take a few more beta testers. Job 1 or 2+

Just PM me your VIN and an email address and your truck's combo.

Realize that these tunes are written around stock fuel and air trucks, but have a few guys with other mods trying them out as well.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Thought I'd give a little feedback running this trans tune in my truck. You can see the mods in my signature.

These tunes absolutely knocked it out of the park!!!
I bet I have over a dozen different revisions from different big name tuners. Nothing comes close to how refined these tunes are.
I now have a mid range I've never had before. Locking in third loads my turbos so much better they come to life like never before, even more smoke free than ever!
I haven't got a chance to pull a trailer, but I feel that will not be a issue the way these chargers light.

One struggle I've always batteled was the 3rd to 4th "technically 3rd to 5th shift". It was always binding in the past. You could feel your head float forward between the shift, like it was a indecisive shift. As a result I lost a set of direct clutches. I explained/data logged this may times to get it "livable", but never seemed quite right. I was beginning to think it was just how it was gonna be. Now its shifts absolutely perfect. Firm, deliberate, yet comfortable shifts.

Don't get me wrong their are alot of great tuners out there. We all know how different each truck can be from one another. I just feel this is another great option.

I a plan to take a couple videos showing the difference getting up
to speed with the typical 4th and 5th lockup, verses locking up in 3rd. Just so everyone can get a idea of how much better it will put the power to the ground.
As time goes on I may have little tweaks, but at this point I'm still getting use to the tune.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Can't tell you how pleased I am to hear this! I was a bit concerned that we'd be a bit off the map. Just reinforces that I've got it meshed up with his engine tuning philosophy pretty decent :)

Definitely keep me posted on how it does towing, etc.

Thought I'd give a little feedback running this trans tune in my truck. You can see the mods in my signature.

These tunes absolutely knocked it out of the park!!!
I bet I have over a dozen different revisions from different big name tuners. Nothing comes close to how refined these tunes are.
I now have a mid range I've never had before. Locking in third loads my turbos so much better they come to life like never before, even more smoke free than ever!
I haven't got a chance to pull a trailer, but I feel that will not be a issue the way these chargers light.

One struggle I've always batteled was the 3rd to 4th "technically 3rd to 5th shift". It was always binding in the past. You could feel your head float forward between the shift, like it was a indecisive shift. As a result I lost a set of direct clutches. I explained/data logged this may times to get it "livable", but never seemed quite right. I was beginning to think it was just how it was gonna be. Now its shifts absolutely perfect. Firm, deliberate, yet comfortable shifts.

Don't get me wrong their are alot of great tuners out there. We all know how different each truck can be from one another. I just feel this is another great option.

I a plan to take a couple videos showing the difference getting up
to speed with the typical 4th and 5th lockup, verses locking up in 3rd. Just so everyone can get a idea of how much better it will put the power to the ground.
As time goes on I may have little tweaks, but at this point I'm still getting use to the tune.