Aftermarket headlights for 2008 f250

GregW

Reaction score
They advertise them as easy to reopen to modify again if you decide. Looking at the eBay pics, it looks like the lenses may screw on. I'm sure sealing them up well would take care of any possible moisture issues. And obviously if they're being retrofitted then the light output wouldn't matter either, since the projectors would solve any issues there. My only real concern would be if they fit the truck well. There were pics on one of the Amazon reviews for another model, and the fitment looked terrible. I'll see if I can find it

mharring

Reaction score
Heres mine ebay classy. 320$

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 138

ckrueg

Reaction score
Projector set up are much better than the stock lights even stock normall bulbs are better in these housings probably not DOT approved but the work well
Any pictures of the output and cutoff?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wyo6.4KingRanch

Reaction score
I did all of it myself and would say for the cost compared to other products or a retrofit done by some companies I would say it is infinitely better

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Just ordered $112 lights off amazon. They have tge clear reflector so I figure worst case, i can split my oem and use the clear reflector. Will update how they look in a week and a half

verifine

Reaction score
The light output. It would look something like this. The cutoff is the line separating the regions of light and dark.

View attachment 41794

That cutoff is very crooked and the hotspot is way too low. It should looks a little something like this instead. Except this was before i got OEM CBI bulbs so the passenger side cutoff is a bit blurred

20130613_222144_zps54076438.jpg

ckrueg

Reaction score
The light output. It would look something like this. The cutoff is the line separating the regions of light and dark.

View attachment 41794

That cutoff is very crooked and the hotspot is way too low. It should looks a little something like this instead. Except this was before i got OEM CBI bulbs so the passenger side cutoff is a bit blurred

20130613_222144_zps54076438.jpg
Lol agreed, that was just a picture I found online. My cutoff is much better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wyo6.4KingRanch

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been able to reply until now but I would say it's a pretty easy process. I removed all the lights and rubber surrounds for the main headlamps and preheated my oven to 250 IIRC. I left them in for 7 minutes on a piece of cardboard and then proceeded to pull them apart with two wide tipped screwdrivers. Once both lenses had been removed I removed both chrome dishes and hit them with a heavy duty oven cleaner and 600 grit wet/dry sand paper. I washed them off and let them dry then gave them a coat of plastic adhesion promoter and then painted them with color matched paint. As far as the projector retrofit itself I would advise looking at TheRetrofitSource.com as they provide good instruction and were extremely helpful throughout. The only thing I would caution is: 1) Make 100% sure you have the tilt and inward aim aligned perfectly on the projectors and I would advise not using the FX-R as they are a MASSIVE projector and did not fit as well as I desired. 2) Be sure to clean all remnants of old sealer out before resealing lens. 3) The wiring I received needed to have two of the wires switched and repinned to have the brights operate correctly. Take your time and you'll probably enjoy this process, because I know I did.

Latest posts