EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
Nice.
Looks like they've refined them a bit.
What's all different about the Gen 2 High powers?

So to answer this question as thoroughly as I can as several people have asked and I'm sort of not in the know, I researched what I could and came up with this.

The Gen 2 7675 has a larger and stronger compressor wheel. It's suppose to help with spool and have a longer life with added thrust capacity. That's straight from Precision.

The only changes in the VGT as far as I can tell is that the compressor wheel was changed to a 63mm Custom Bullseye Power Batmowheel and that the housing was modified to fit.

My theory (and a few others who are quite knowledgeable have supported this) is that the Batmo is being used to help spool the VGT even quicker and harder to help light the Big 76 Atmo LP turbo. Most tests on the batmo showed it spooled very well early on and were able light very very quickly. So in essence the batmo is lighting faster and able to help the VGT drive harder to make the PTE 7675 scream hard up top.

But I don't know anything, I'm just a structural steel field engineer. I'm just guessing here LOL

Black AOD

Reaction score
By the time you see the 6.7 in the mirror it'll be too late to switch to the kill tune... nothing but a white blur :popcorn:

1) I hope your PTE 6870 is on at that point with some bigger injectors.

2) It has to leave its Cave and battery blankey first to get to the street.... :toast:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Tadd just informed me of why the switch to the larger Batmowheel on the VGT...It's basically as I stated....It's to help push the VGT to spool the 76....the Gen 2 76 spools more air so now the VGT uses the larger Batmo wheel to keep up to spool the 76 and keep it making power in the higher RPM's

Black AOD

Reaction score
Big about out to Shane for the custom Coolant Line stuff!

uploadfromtaptalk1455126070139.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455126077592.jpg

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I can't wait to get my coolant tube! I'm jealous lol. You will be very happy with that passenger side kit. Super nice with the AN fittings. I love the setup on my truck. Shane is the man.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I can't wait to get my coolant tube! I'm jealous lol. You will be very happy with that passenger side kit. Super nice with the AN fittings. I love the setup on my truck. Shane is the man.

Yeah Shane did a killer job. I dropped off the tube at a local place here near to my workplace that does anodizing. Just having it done matte black. Should look good.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Do you just have endless supplies of money? I would hate to see what you have in this truck. Awesome build though! Helps me dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
That looks fantastic.

Thanks Shane. I'm really happy with it!

Do you just have endless supplies of money? I would hate to see what you have in this truck. Awesome build though! Helps me dream

Thanks Man. Yeah I have a lot tied up in the truck for sure, I'm doing my best to be done spending on it after this go around of parts. Got a wedding to think about in October so I need to cut back on the truck....I promised my Fiance after the fuel system and High Powers I'd be done spending for a good while and I'm trying to keep to that...Only thing I have planned for the truck after these mods are wiring in my new pioneer head unit and getting a remote start kit for it, I just want to be able to drive it and enjoy it..I would like to buy a set of forged wheels with new tires this summer or maybe next, hard to justify 3-5$k on wheels alone then another 2$k on tires for them :jawdrop: .

It will get more done in a few years after we buy a house....Rods, O-Ring/ported Heads, Bigger Turbos, Bigger Injectors, Main Studs just because I can, Stronger Axles.....But that's a few years away. I'll probably have a 6.7 by then to mod anyway....

And to the unlimited money comment, no I don't really have unlimited funds But I'll say this......this truck get's more 100$ bills thrown at it (by me) than the worlds highest class stripper would LOL

Last edited:

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Thanks Shane. I'm really happy with it!

Thanks Man. Yeah I have a lot tied up in the truck for sure, I'm doing my best to be done spending on it after this go around of parts. Got a wedding to think about in October so I need to cut back on the truck....I promised my Fiance after the fuel system and High Powers I'd be done spending for a good while and I'm trying to keep to that...Only thing I have planned for the truck after these mods are wiring in my new pioneer head unit and getting a remote start kit for it, I just want to be able to drive it and enjoy it..I would like to buy a set of forged wheels with new tires this summer or maybe next, hard to justify 3-5$k on wheels alone then another 2$k on tires for them :jawdrop: .

It will get more done in a few years after we buy a house....Rods, O-Ring/ported Heads, Bigger Turbos, Bigger Injectors, Main Studs just because I can, Stronger Axles.....But that's a few years away. I'll probably have a 6.7 by then to mod anyway....

And to the unlimited money comment, no I don't really have unlimited funds But I'll say this......this truck get's more 100$ bills thrown at it (by me) than the worlds highest class stripper would LOL

I would say you get a better return on investment on the truck, lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
Fuel System and High Powers getting ready to go in!

uploadfromtaptalk1455636767627.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455636779225.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online