this is why we can't have nice things....

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Basically all of that minus the water pump is less than 10k miles since i did it. truck has like 135k or something like that on it now, i did belts, tensioners, t-stats and all that stuff at 125k. was thinking hard about doing a billet water pump, if the price is right of course.

If that was all replaced recently then I'd just do the thermostats, those are chit on these trucks and typically only last 30-40k miles before they start to fall apart.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Yeah that was the plan. well i just got off the phone with the machine shop. $500 or so to polish/check the crank, clean the block and heads, check/surface the heads, put new cam bearings in, and balance the rotating assembly. so that is deff happening asap. gonna throw the block in the parts washer, and hone the cylinders myself since they are fine. gonna have the inyektorz checked out, and go through all that stuff to figure out what all i need to get it going again. just tossin out dem dolla dolla bills yall!

getstroked27

Reaction score
d67033374aef22fa03a141c13b617db5.jpg

77f712a353f3b23ec1250228bf318172.jpg

438f5db3f7662cfefcd99c9a60c49803.jpg

634a952fb8c22996f836b29c94859e27.jpg

Oil pump and the worst main bearing. You can see the heat/wear marks aren't centered which is what worries me, but the crank was walking back and forth in the block, so that could be why.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
Little update, not much has happened. Got all my parts ran through the parts washer and hosed off. it looks like i spun 2 main bearings. which sucks. it tore up the mains on the bed plate pretty good, looks like my machine cost just doubled, if not more. other than that, the injectors have been shipped out to be checked, and i have a billet flex plate coming, because mine got bent somehow. hopefully the injectors check out, so i can condemn the pump, which is cheaper. so yeah. thats about it.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Update: Took a new job at MPD, who is also building my new engine. we were going to ship the engine to me, but some complications (Multiple feet of snow) came up. so now my truck should be loaded up this week and headed out to MPD. We will be putting it back together out there with some additional goodies. I will be running our oil cooler relo kit, ccv kit, holderdown diesel pushrods, and a massive No Limit intake, for starters. Looking forward to finally being able to drive it again!

getstroked27

Reaction score
So it has been a while.... Finally got the truck together and got some miles on it..... got it running about 2 weeks ago on a sunday afternoon. got it on the road monday. put about 250 miles on it, changed the oil, hooked up the trailer and hit the road. drove straight through from northwest idaho to southeast maryland. great way to break the engine in LOL. so here is my short term resuts:

I remembered how much i hate having a lifted truck. so thats changing.
single 467 on stock fuel runs good at from sea level to 10k feet up.
Maryland Gun laws almost got me arrested on day one.

Engine is basically stock, just have some Maxxforce Pistons and holderdown pushrods. same ported intake, same h11 studs and all that junk. same 467 turbo. had the injectors cleaned and rebuilt. brand new K16. thats about it.
Still have stock trans, although it is starting top flare shift and hate life.
going to lower the truck soon, get rid of the junk lift and stuff. then the slow process of making even more power. for now im just going to enjoy driving it. only took 8 months to get it back on the road :)

Also would like to throw a huge shout to Mike @ No Limit fab for being a real homie and helping me out with the rebuild!

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 133
  • intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 172
  • long block.jpg
    long block.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 165
  • pile of parts.jpg
    pile of parts.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 153
  • pushrods.jpg
    pushrods.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 157

Jomax

Reaction score
So it has been a while.... Finally got the truck together and got some miles on it..... got it running about 2 weeks ago on a sunday afternoon. got it on the road monday. put about 250 miles on it, changed the oil, hooked up the trailer and hit the road. drove straight through from northwest idaho to southeast maryland. great way to break the engine in LOL. so here is my short term resuts:

Engine is basically stock, just have some Maxxforce Pistons and holderdown pushrods. same ported intake, same h11 studs and all that junk. same 467 turbo. had the injectors cleaned and rebuilt. brand new K16. thats about it.
going to lower the truck soon, get rid of the junk lift and stuff. then the slow process of making even more power. for now im just going to enjoy driving it. only took 8 months to get it back on the road :)

Also would like to throw a huge shout to Mike @ No Limit fab for being a real homie and helping me out with the rebuild!

Dont care about the motor pics, all I want is that coffee mug!!!!!!! Lol

Happy you got it back up and running.

But really, I want a coffe mug like that, where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torque

Reaction score
Josh are you going to lower your truck or put a leveling kit on it?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

just saw this, glad you're happy brother man !

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
:postwhore2:

Yes gun laws here suck, really bad at that. And sorry for off topic, but hate to break it to you, Friendship Md is not southeastern Md :poke:

Members online

No members online now.