Looking for customer input

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
This sounds dumb, and don't take this the wrong way, because we all do it. But did you unzip and extract .enc file to transfer folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr4x4

Reaction score
Yes I updated that first and and checked it on my truck and it gave me the new options before loading tunes. Then I downloaded the new beta tune and checked to see if it was there on the truck and no show. But it's in my SD card when looked at on computer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did you put it in the correct folder like ******* specified?

FnStrkn6.4

Reaction score
This sounds dumb, and don't take this the wrong way, because we all do it. But did you unzip and extract .enc file to transfer folder?

I think I just realized what I did wrong. I unzipped yes but when I read extract I took it as ****** the .enc part off of the file. I need to leave that on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
be5ead1512704faa591bdbbe0d22ee2d.jpg

Any updates for us job1's?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
We are working on it right now. It's my primary project at the moment, along with buttoning up 6.7 SOTF.

There is a ton of coding that goes into this; plus, its designed to work in conjunction with the new calibration files- pretty much an overhaul, from the roots up. The testing before BETA is pretty significant too, because a single character mistake on my part in the code could leave someone's truck dead on arrival.

In the meantime, we are all ears on other features that you guys would like to see added. I check this thread several times a week.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
We are working on it right now. It's my primary project at the moment, along with buttoning up 6.7 SOTF.

There is a ton of coding that goes into this; plus, its designed to work in conjunction with the new calibration files- pretty much an overhaul, from the roots up. The testing before BETA is pretty significant too, because a single character mistake on my part in the code could leave someone's truck dead on arrival.

In the meantime, we are all ears on other features that you guys would like to see added. I check this thread several times a week.

Awesome, keep up the good work.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Awesome, keep up the good work.

Adding to this post^

I would like to see idle rail pressure adjustment/idle rpm and selection for VGT off at idle (for that throaty sound and no hairdryer at idle, for us stock setup guys.)

(Unless its already in, then disregard this post.)

Other than that, I think you guys got everything covered, out of curiosity what else could be added in? (other than TMPS.)

Thanks

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Thank you for the update. I don't mean to sound impatient, I just get excited about the advancements you guys design for our trucks!

Thanks a million!

joshua5438

Reaction score
Adding to this post^

I would like to see idle rail pressure adjustment/idle rpm and selection for VGT off at idle (for that throaty sound and no hairdryer at idle, for us stock setup guys.)

(Unless its already in, then disregard this post.)

Other than that, I think you guys got everything covered, out of curiosity what else could be added in? (other than TMPS.)

Thanks

I would also be very interested in the VGT off at idle... as long as it does not have any negative affects on the truck.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I like the vgt open at idle as well. I've had a tune like this for the last few years. There is no difference driving and it sounds soo much better. The rp adjustment would be nice too. Just a small bump at idle cuts the slight haze I get on below zero temps.

Cknox121

Reaction score
-Fuel cooler/vgt cooler ******
-Fuel temp sensor/fuel bowl ******.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
-Fuel cooler/vgt cooler ******
-Fuel temp sensor/fuel bowl ******.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thoughts; I'm adding these, and idle rail pressure to the list.

I'll take a look at idle VGT also.

Keep it up with the suggestions- any input is good input, as it's very easy to overlook things when you are buried in it every day.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Good ideas above on the VGT off at idle, and the fuel cooler ****** options.

KTM300

Reaction score
Whenever you have time Matt...

I do have a couple questions. Is the softer shifting going to reduce the life of the trans? I have read that the hard shifts are actually better for the trans and help longevity. Also, will the custom tuning allow for the trans to be programmed to lock the torque converter in fourth like it does in Tow/Haul? It would be nice for driving gravel and slow backcountry roads.

Latest posts

Members online