Looking for customer input

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Guys,

As many of you already know, we are shortly finishing a large update for the 6.7L applications to encompass the new year models and make improvements on our existing product. Once this is complete, we will be offering custom tuning services again for both 6.4L and 6.4L applications, during the month of September.

A 6.4L update is the next item on my to-do list for development, and I'd like some input from both our customers and/or potential customers as to features you'd like to see implemented on our 6.4L products. I have the following items slated to begin work on-

1.) Shift-on-the-fly (using a method that doesn't suffer the same deficiencies as other options, such as poor transmission adaptation)
2.) Transmission shifting update, primarily to tone down our 2-3 shift for aftermarket transmissions, among other base-line support for aftermarket transmissions
3.) General updates for manual transmission trucks (sadly, I'm guilty of neglecting these at times simply because there are just so few of them out there)
4.) Encompassing earlier updates and User Adjustable Parameters for customers with our TCM's

Any input here is welcome! Anything that is heavily requested and technically feasible for us will be implemented.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Guys,

As many of you already know, we are shortly finishing a large update for the 6.7L applications to encompass the new year models and make improvements on our existing product. Once this is complete, we will be offering custom tuning services again for both 6.4L and 6.4L applications, during the month of September.

A 6.4L update is the next item on my to-do list for development, and I'd like some input from both our customers and/or potential customers as to features you'd like to see implemented on our 6.4L products. I have the following items slated to begin work on-

1.) Shift-on-the-fly (using a method that doesn't suffer the same deficiencies as other options, such as poor transmission adaptation)
2.) Transmission shifting update, primarily to tone down our 2-3 shift for aftermarket transmissions, among other base-line support for aftermarket transmissions
3.) General updates for manual transmission trucks (sadly, I'm guilty of neglecting these at times simply because there are just so few of them out there)
4.) Encompassing earlier updates and User Adjustable Parameters for customers with our TCM's

Any input here is welcome! Anything that is heavily requested and technically feasible for us will be implemented.

My number 1 "want" is SOTF for us 6.4's.

The others i'm thinking of, I think can be done with custom tunes.

EDIT

TMPS shutoff would be awesome also.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
My only complaints with Spartan tuning are the transmission shifting (which your working on fixing) and the throttle touchyness on certain tunes. If those items are able to be adjusted/fine tuned I'll be running Spartan tuning on my truck again.

Shift on the fly is nice, I'll admit that.. But I don't change tunes that often. Using the throttle and the transmission shifting are things that are way more important to me. Those are items you use everytime you use your truck... SOTF is something you probably don't use everytime your truck is running

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
My only complaints with Spartan tuning are the transmission shifting (which your working on fixing) and the throttle touchyness on certain tunes. If those items are able to be adjusted/fine tuned I'll be running Spartan tuning on my truck again.

Shift on the fly is nice, I'll admit that.. But I don't change tunes that often. Using the throttle and the transmission shifting are things that are way more important to me. Those are items you use everytime you use your truck... SOTF is something you probably don't use everytime your truck is running

What files would you like to see the throttle sensitivity decreased on? I would imagine 250 or up?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
If we could have a separate modified set of "mild" throttle sensitivity tunes on the website that we could download that would also be awesome.

Something like this will most likely be our plan.

It would be very easy to end up with 100 or more separate calibrations on the tuner, if we put everything on it. More casual users will get overwhelmed or confused at the choices (already happens to a certain extent).

Logistically, making additional filesets available on our site, categorized by features, will be the way I'll go once we get to that point.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Something like this will most likely be our plan.

It would be very easy to end up with 100 or more separate calibrations on the tuner, if we put everything on it. More casual users will get overwhelmed or confused at the choices (already happens to a certain extent).

Logistically, making additional filesets available on our site, categorized by features, will be the way I'll go once we get to that point.

I love the 310, but I get tired of it because of the throttle sensitivity LOL and it jerking on every single bump.

Then I go down to the 275 and then i'm like I need the power and repeat the cycle over and over LOL.

djr4x4

Reaction score
TPMS option for turning it off..
SOTF would be nice but not a requirement.
Calm down the shifts just a tad on the 250+ tunes.

Reaction score
Will Spartan ever be able to provide a MCC type tuning platform? H&S has pretty much stopped any further progress.

I wish we could have the adjustability for fords as I see with EFI Live.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Will Spartan ever be able to provide a MCC type tuning platform? H&S has pretty much stopped any further progress.

I wish we could have the adjustability for fords as I see with EFI Live.

It is not outside the realm of possibility in the future. However, at the moment, our software developers have their hands full with both our projects and others, and it's honestly outside the scope of my programming abilities.

You wouldn't want one built with my coding capabilities as a PC app developer :lame2:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Also a file set with later lock up (for us dually guys) , having 4.30's on my DRW late lock, locks too early for me it kills the power trying to climb a hill LOL.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
What files would you like to see the throttle sensitivity decreased on? I would imagine 250 or up?

Yes, 250 and up tunes are what I was referring too. All I really ran was the 310 and it was by far the best engine tuning I've ran... And I've run just about all the different tunes out there. But that throttlw touchyness was waaaaay too much for me to deal with on a daily basis.

I love the 310, but I get tired of it because of the throttle sensitivity LOL and it jerking on every single bump.

Then I go down to the 275 and then i'm like I need the power and repeat the cycle over and over LOL.

This guy 100% nailed it

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Disabling the tpms, and softer shifting on aftermarket transmissions like you mention. Don't really care about shift on the fly.

boom24

Reaction score
I drive a f450 and the throttle sensitivity on the higher tunes is killing me .it's actually became unbarable to were I went to a 210 tune and she's a big Truck to say the least.and shift on the fly would be key .my truck has multiple duties and the 15min to change and dealing with the trans relearn kills me . I was sadly considering going to an H&S ..but if some more tuning options may be available soon than I'll probably be the happiest spartan tuned f450 owner around!

Bigshow

Reaction score
As mentioned - address the TPMS.
It's a great feature, IF the alarm parameters could be set to match the air pressures the truck owner wants to run.
... second best is disable the damn thing to get rid of the light in the dash

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
This guy 100% nailed it

Yup been doing this "cycle" for the past 4+ years LOL.

SOTF

People been asking for awhile now and its awesome that's it's gonna get developed for us 6.4 guys because waiting to change a tune in the middle of nowhere with no battery charger because you have to tow something etc gets a little scary.

even though my dashdaq flashes the 310-210 in about 5 mins wouldn't it be awesome to change a tune in matter of a click and a few seconds?

I know once custom tuning is released and knowing SOTF will be coming the DD is going be one awesome tuning device.

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Notes taken.

TPMS is inherently harder to deal with on the 6.4L (at least to do it properly). SOTF and the mentioned tune changes will be easier and quicker to implement, so I would expect to see that first.

One thing I've weighed when considering options is to make absolutely sure that any SOTF tactic we put forward will work with custom tuning. I have an idea on the drawing board; haven't tested it yet, however I'd assign an 80% chance of making it work.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Notes taken.

SOTF and the mentioned tune changes will be easier and quicker to implement, so I would expect to see that first.

One thing I've weighed when considering options is to make absolutely sure that any SOTF tactic we put forward will work with custom tuning. I have an idea on the drawing board; haven't tested it yet, however I'd assign an 80% chance of making it work.

Awesome

any idea on what the SOTF will actually be changing from tune to tune?