Alarm

2008badlander

Reaction score
This may not be the right section so please change if so.

Anyway, last night I parked my truck in my girlfriends parking garage. It's gated and guarded so I figured it would be perfectly fine. I come out this morning to find my light bar missing, my shackles for my winch missing and my yeti was flipped upside down and beat to hell and the cable was cut up but they couldn't get it cut. Also my tool box was completely gone through. I've done some searching but nothing to fully answer what I'm looking for.

Mainly I'm looking for an alarm. I don't need remote start or any of that because the truck already has that. I have no knowledge on any alarms. I'm wanting to have an alarm for my truck that will go off even if someone doesn't actually get inside the truck. One the would have gone off when it felt someone unbolt my light bar and hit my yeti.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I had a code alarm and hated the system. It one cool feature was the perimeter sensor you set said perimeter and when someone gets too close it chirps second fault gets 2 chirps third fault gets full siren my dogs used too set it off constantly

2008badlander

Reaction score
I've had a few people tell me about the viper alarms. I don't have any experience with any kind of alarm nor thought I would have to ever get one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scparrish

Reaction score
I really like my viper alarm and you can add all sorts of different sensor to the basic system. Very expandable, easy to use, and reliable for the past 4 years.

zilla68

Reaction score
on your light bar there are a few things you can do to deter theft. did they unbolt it from the brackets or cut the brackets?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Viper alarms are good. Stay away from CompuStar's for sure! Sucks that your truck was broken into man. Are there cameras in the garage or by the gate?

Overdrive

Reaction score
i install Vipers on all my trucks. With remote start and two way paging. i also install the module to work with my Iphone. You can track the truck, it sends you a text if the truck is being messed with or alarm is trigered and you can control it from your smart phone turn it on and off and lock and unlock doors and remote start.
it works great. You can add motion sensors and proximity sensors
I just DIY. its not that hard. The smart module needs to be activated at a dealer and you pay for the service straight to the company. but its a plug and play module

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.