Possible to put 2012 cab on a 6.0 frame?

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a 2012 cab and putting on my 6.0 frame. I wonder how hard the wiring would be inside the cab an if the cab would even line up on my 2005.

Blue Line Fab

Reaction score
The mounts are the same.
Trans tunnel is different and from the fire wall to rad saddle is completely different, that will just make is easy to mount a new style front end.

Not to sure what changes where made under the dash.

Anything is doable, its just how long you want to do it for!

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
Appreciate it. I don't wanna buy a 2012. I like my old 6.0. I just want the interior out of a 08-12. Just something I've been tossing around.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'm betting the only difference in cabs will be where the mounts are and the firewall.. if I was me I would use your cab and mold in the 12 firewall in spots for the dash and the climate control to work..ford pretty good between the years and keeping seat mounting pretty much the same. electical will be a nightmare trying to get it all right but it's possible

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The electronics to be would be a pita to me (mainly because I don't like wiring LOL).

If it were me, i'd just find the fenders, bumpers, etc and take care of the exterior. There's been multiple trucks who've updated their SD's to the newer body style. Then start on the interior pieces. Seats and what not are easy enough to swap in and out. For the dash, you could probably retro fit some of the buttons and accessories to your truck but the HVAC controls and Dash cluster are gonna be the hard part. Just my .02

IdahoF350

Reaction score
The best possible scenario would be to swap everything from a '12 except the dash into your truck. No wiring nightmare, pretty straight forward swap. Merging your wiring harness with the newer cluster and climate controls will be next to impossible.

I'll be swapping the dash from an '05-07 into my E99 eventually, because that's as new as I can go with my instrument cluster and wiring and it will still be an undertaking. But I miss my '05 dash and seats, so that's the long term goal, particularly if I can find a King Ranch donor.

Good luck with your project, and if you do attempt it, post pics and document the challenges.

Sent by my right thumb!

Members online

No members online now.