Hydra tuning???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Have you guys come to your senses yet on the Hydra tuning??? Need some updates for my lovely Honey Badger HPOP...

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I thought they started tuning on the hydra a while ago? Could have swore I read that in another thread but I've been wrong lots of times before lol

thuglike

Reaction score
Have not had time to sit with Jon in a month. We have 7 builds going on along with the Sr. development....Needless to say a strategy is not in place yet...Hell, we can't even keep up with the TS customer platform at this point...we are buried. Opening another platform right now would make Jonathan a raging alcaholic.

Stay tuned...

Joe call Jon.

ibestroken

Reaction score
I am definitely looking fwd to his new chip design... gonna make things great when pulling and not having to data log it to get adjustments made to the truck. :redspotdance:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Any update on this? I've tried to get a hold of Jon once or twice...

Would love to get some updated tunes!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Come on guys... Your the only major tuner out there not using this system...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I think their may be another "major" tuner not using it as well :D

Some people would not consider that tuner to be a major person in 7.3 tuning, some would call that tuner irrelevant at this point in 7.3 performance...

Not this person mind you, because then this person would get banned...

But some people.

ibestroken

Reaction score
Joe, You tried calling and talking to his wife instead? Maybe she can stick it under his nose for you.

Ive been in the midst of dealing with some issues as well. Its def a pain to get ahold of them on the phone.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Would sure be nice to see a response from Jon on this... Would really like to understand the reasoning.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So after bumping this thread I received several PM's this weekend from other members who have been told that "The tunes have to be run thru PHP's server before they can be loaded on to a Hydra chip, so Bill can look at them"...

I am really frustrated by this, because it is completely untrue...

Take a look at this video... Notice the type of file I loaded... Its a .bin fine... It is not a .hfc file...

Also notice there was no connection to the internet, nothing was uploaded, nothing was downloaded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy6Z1i-Mz_8&list=UUvrIcUe6j5pIr7XoyKS1czA

The idea that Bill is so worried about other peoples tuning that he has to attempt to steal it is laughable. The fact that he gives away his tuning for the Hydra should at least lend some creditability to this...

None the less the rumor exists, I have no doubt in my mind who started it...

Jon, give me a call. Send me a file loaded with malware to destroy PHP's server when it gets uploaded...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Not until it caves in...

Its not cracked on bit more in the 6 years since I put the new one in... LOL

Power Hungry

Reaction score
The idea that Bill is so worried about other peoples tuning that he has to attempt to steal it is laughable. The fact that he gives away his tuning for the Hydra should at least lend some creditability [sic] to this...

None the less the rumor exists, I have no doubt in my mind who started it...

Joe,

Once again, I take great amusement at how blunt your posts are. :clapping:

As I've tried to indicate to those who are concerned with me "stealing" their amazing tuning, it would be like the "A+" student cheating off of the "F" students. There isn't anything in ANYONE's 7.3L tuning that I could learn from. I originated the 7.3L tuning. I decoded more of the 7.3L definitions than anyone else in the industry (outside of Ford, anyway...), and nearly every major tuner in the 7.3L tuning game is using POWER HUNGRY tuning software. Gearhead, Total Diesel Performance, Powerstruck, Swamps, BTS, Tyrant, and a number of others use Minotaur or PCMX (the original version of the software). This is not me being arrogant, this is simply fact. And now with the QuarterHorse support for Minotaur, we continue to pick up sales on Minotaur.

I hear stories about how our HydraFlash software reads files from the chip and sends them to us. Where is the evidence to back this up? Where are the internet logs showing these events? Joe has provided proof that these events DO NOT OCCUR, but the stories still continue. Not in public of course, but in private when customers call. I have also heard stories about how the chips "overheat". With several thousand chips on the street now, we've had exactly 3 instances of chips overheating, and these we're the result of the ribbon cable being caught against a sharp metal edge (two incidents were with the PCM case itself and a third incident was the emergency brake on an OBS) and shorting the chip out, and in all three cases we replaced the chip at no charge despite the fact that it was obvious installation error.

What I find exceedingly funny is that the only reason these rumors exist is because the parties spreading these rumors are scared about the loss of sales that the Hyda Chip and Minotaur software has caused them. We get calls and e-mails regularly about how certain companies have difficulty in selling their products based on the merits of their products, and instead resort to bashing (both public and private), deliberate misinformation, and other questionable business practices in order to make us and our products look inferior. What they fail to realize is that while some people buy into those tactics, most consumers are pretty astute and can smell the bull$hit right away.

I do agree that one of the things that may really annoy the offended parties is that, like you indicated Joe, we give away most of our tuning. How dare we? :doh: We also provide a number of tools at no charge to tuners and dealers. We take the time to listen to people, answer their questions, and do our honest best to provide what they need, even if it means talking them OUT of things.

I wish that people would just do their stuff and let me do mine. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to be professional, diplomatic and tactful. Sometimes I wish I could come right out and publicly call these parties F***ING LIARS. However, despite my personal opinions about other parties may be, I treat EVERYONE with respect. I do not talk bad about ANYONE, publicly or privately. It doesn't accomplish anything and Karma WILL come back and bite you in the A$$ when that's what you show people. All I can do is tell these parties to grow up and handle their own business and quit worrying so much about what we're doing. :poke:

I hope everyone has a great week. And don't forget... Cyclops starts shipping Wednesday!! :pimp:

Take care.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Latest issue out of Jon is now the Hydra is "Burning up" PCM's...

Wish we could get some truth out of this issue...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Interesting! We have yet to have an issue and we have installed 40+ at this point.

Would be good to hear from Jon on how and in what cases this is happening.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.