Emissions in va?

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm moving to the northern va area around March- most likely fairfax or sterling area and was wondering if they do emissions testing? On Virginias dmv website it says '97 and newer diesels require testing but also said diesels were exempt from testing which makes no sense.

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm moving to the northern va area around March- most likely fairfax or sterling area and was wondering if they do emissions testing? On Virginias dmv website it says '97 and newer diesels require testing but also said diesels were exempt from testing which makes no sense.

As far as I know, in that area of VA, they do test emissions on diesels. I used to live in that area when I had my 6.0 and pretty sure they did emissions. I know for a fact they do gas vehicle emissions. Do you have a choice of where you're going? I'm not the biggest fan of that area of VA at all.

Last edited:

HD F250

Reaction score
No testing in NOVA, just an inspection sticker if you get VA plates. I live near Belvoir, hit me up when you get hear and I can introduce you to a few Ford junkies.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
No testing in NOVA, just an inspection sticker if you get VA plates. I live near Belvoir, hit me up when you get hear and I can introduce you to a few Ford junkies.
Not so much of a true emissions inspection, but is a visual for all equipment that is supposed to be there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Armybyrd

Reaction score

That's a relief. What about these emissions testing at stop lights? Truck is an '08 6.4.

HD F250

Reaction score
I have seen some emissions boxes near 95 on ramps and literally everything I drive, car or truck, would be in question. I have not received a letter from anyone. I also have three 6.4's and haven't had any issues yet.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have seen some emissions boxes near 95 on ramps and literally everything I drive, car or truck, would be in question. I have not received a letter from anyone. I also have three 6.4's and haven't had any issues yet.

3- 6.4s with all emissions equipment intact, right Joe?!! :poke::bs:

HD F250

Reaction score
Lol....I was just saying I have three 6.4s and a few VW's. We all know that VW's are emission compliant....lol. As for the 6.4's, it must be the custom street tunes. I was not trying to say I am compliant, just not notified yet:)

ripNdip

Reaction score
I live in Fairfax and work in Sterling. Get truck tags and you are fine. I've never seen any emissions testing anywhere around here and every truck I own dumps smoke. Never had a visual inspection done or had to do testing

05sixliter

Reaction score
They do setup little emissions boxes on a lot of on/off ramps all throughout NOVA. I live in Bluemont (western Loudon county) travel throughout NOVA, MD,DC. I haven't seen any cameras on these emissions checking devices.... Shame I'm in my work truck (2015 KW) everytime I pass one or we'd find out if they mail tickets out for emmisons violations :naughty:

Reaction score
They do setup little emissions boxes on a lot of on/off ramps all throughout NOVA. I live in Bluemont (western Loudon county) travel throughout NOVA, MD,DC. I haven't seen any cameras on these emissions checking devices.... Shame I'm in my work truck (2015 KW) everytime I pass one or we'd find out if they mail tickets out for emmisons violations :naughty:

I'm glad I don't spend time on that side of the mountain anymore. It's a whole different world once you get east of Leesburg.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Fast forward a few months-Im living in Sterling and finally got around to getting VA tags. The guy at the dmv didn't even ask me for an emissions paper, proof of residence or insurance. lol Guess I just got lucky.

Latest posts