P1551 Code keeps popping up

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
Hey. So I did the egr ****** w/*** and mini max. I keep getting a p1551 code. I know it's the circuit range code but not sure what's causing it.

Also, If I'm heavy footing it for about a minute it will have a injector 1 code (forgot code and haven't done it again) and will start bucking when I give it gas. I can unplug the injector and put it back on and will be fine again at least until I do it again.

Any thoughts on these? Seems odd to be the injector itself, as it shouldn't fix it by unplugging it and re-plugging it?

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
So the other code came up, P02ee Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Range/Performance. Again I unplugged it, wiped it off and ran fine again. If hate to buy a new injector if it could just be wiring. Any thoughts?

wyomarine

Reaction score
I was curious to see if you discovered what the issue was. I'm experiencing the same issues with my truck. I also keep getting P02EE code. I hate to think it's a bad injector. I've only got 52K miles on the truck.

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
Nothing yet. My mechanic said its got to be the wire. He said that with me pulling the wire and cleaning the connection and work again would be hard pressed to say it was the injector. If it truly was injector it should be bad plain and simple. We also did load test and voltage never dropped to bad on any of them. Has us scratching out heads really.

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
Well, I have replaced the connector and so far nothing. Fingers crossed it was just a bad connection.

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
I know this is a bit old but I wanted to follow up with the outcome of my truck so that maybe it can help guide someone else.

The light came back on and still couldn't figure it out. Well I recently replaced the #1 injector and solved the problem. Found out that the injector, while not completely shot it had a bad voltage range on quick power load and the system seen it as going bad and would flag it with the check engine light. If it was to much load it would shutdown the injector. Just wanted to close this thread out and hopefully it could help someone else.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.