Opinions on the Sundown X6.5 subs?????

atthelake27

Reaction score
I am considering trying out the Sundown X6.5 subs either behind my rear seat or under it. Has anyone hear them or know of anyone who has? I had 3 Sundown SD 10's in my last truck but wasn't too happy with the outcome. It was a sealed box and I think it was too small. I will be using a ported box for this next go round.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the X6.5's. I ran a single SA10 in my Grand Cherokee though, and LOVED it. Hands down the best sub I've ever ran. The sundown's are way under rated, and need every bit of air they recommend. I ran a sealed box, and bought a box that was on the high end of air space with a 1000 watt monoblock. That sub shook pavement when I finally got it tuned.

GaMike

Reaction score
6c53e7b24526bf86497f005c5cd55e81.jpg

.3 box is what they say to use. Found this box design.

atthelake27

Reaction score
Yeah I'm just trying to find something that doesn't require much air space since theres not a lot of places to put a box in these trucks. And I'm not to fond of the shallow mount subs. I had 3 sundown sd 10's in my last truck and wasn't real happy. I think the box wasn't big enough. I'm just not sure if these little 6.5's will get to a low hz or not.

Latest posts

Members online