New HPFP P0090 No Start (Starts and dies).

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Here's the story on this one.

(Note this is a buddies truck and he had his friend change his HPFP.)

New Ford HPFP, new RP sensor, rail tubes, HPFP harness and air dog 4G for the LPFP.

Truck starts and dies, rail pressure builds to 5K quickly truck runs and dies within 10-20 seconds.

When they first got it running it ran fine, it took them awhile to get it started (bleeding the air out) and they drove it down the road for a test drive and it was idling perfectly fine and had power (they said).

They were driving it back and the truck died turning into his house, after that it never runs more than 10-15 seconds now.

Truck starts fine and rail pressure holds steady till it dies, They are getting fuel to the top bowl and tried bleeding it multiple times.

the only code it has is P0090 Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Circuit. which is the HPFP harness? could it be faulty?

(truck is also tuned and with a spar_tan exhaust etc.)

What would be the next step for them?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Does it seem like more and more air keeps getting in the system?

I actually haven't gone to see the truck, yet. i'm just going by what they are saying via phone.

He says (the guy that's working on the truck) that LPFP connections are tight with no leaks and everything that need to be torqued down to spec was torqued to ford specs. (rail tubes, etc)

He said tested LPFP pressure and its holding 15 psi at the AD. (he didn't mention pressure at the fuel cooler).

He also said he gets constant supply to the upper fuel bowl with no air bubbles KOEO.

There is very little info on this P0090 code, I read if fuse 74 is blown that this mean the HPFP harness is to at fault is this true?

Thanks for responding I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online