Parts For Turbo Removal

uga33

Reaction score
Broke bolt off on my friend's exhaust manifold while doing his EGR delete. Gonna do it right and yank the turbo off and fix it. Just need to know what all I will need as far as gaskets and hardware go when I go back together? What can and can't be reused? Thanks guys.

Buck1

Reaction score
Think I may have had that issue to. Carbide end mill from MSC or equivalent will eat thru the easy out.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Diamond tip drill bit. Only way to go for high temp broken bolts. Carbide will work tho. But if you can access diamond tip go for it just be gentle.

Jbird

Reaction score
If carbide dont drill that easy out i want to know where you got them. Lol

Anyways like they said. Carbide will work well. The flat of the end mill will help keep it from walking its self off if the easy out isnt very flat. Dont glow slow with the end mill and dont use coolant just keep air blowing

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Probably too far down and too small to weld a nut on

You might be time and money ahead just buying a new manifold they aren't that much. You will need a turbo pedistal gasket manifold gasket. Up pipe gasket

Everything else should be re useable. I'll make some recommendations on taking that out. Remove the right under fender remove the entire down pipe assembly to help with the up pipe v bands. Be sure to drain the coolant before removing the turbo. The rest is pretty easy. It may seam like extra work taking the down pipe out but you will see why when it goes back together

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
You'd be time ahead to just replace the manifold if you're already taking the turbo off. I should have held onto my old manifold after the turbo swap and I'd have just sent it to ya. I did put some anti seize in there but don't know if it'll help all that much. I swap my delete blockoff plate for the EGR yearly for emissions so I've always been easy with it as far as tightening the bolts.

Keith

uga33

Reaction score
Thanks Dustin. That was my plan to just swap the manifold because I'm sick of playing games with it. I just don't want to have it tore apart on a Saturday and need a part on a day the local dealer is closed.

Latest posts

Members online