Emissions question Charlotte/Mecklenburg

03silvertj

Reaction score
There is a chance I will be moving to Charlotte in the near future. The truck has the mods in my sig. Everything I have read regarding their inspection says that they do a "visual" for emissions equipment on diesel trucks.

How F'ed am I without having my DPF installed? I don't really want to return the truck to stock. Or figure out some way I can install/remove the DPF every time I have to do an inspection.... :lame:

Let me know what you guys who live in the area do.

Thanks!

03silvertj

Reaction score
No mirrior inspection of the exhaust, or popping the hood looking for EGR, or CCV's? Whats the chances of getting an inspector that just feels like giving you a hard time?

Forgive me, but i'm an safety/emissions inspection virgin being from FL...

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Most shops around won't even check for it. As long as there is no check engine light you should be good. Unless you have tinted windows. Lol

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Yeah safety only.... If your tint is darker than 20 percent they may fail you but other than that as long as your tires are good, lights work, and no cel you should be good to go

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

03silvertj

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Sounds like I'll have no issues then.

As for the tint. My tint is legal in FL, no tint on the windshield, lighter on the front windows, and darker on the back windows. I guess we'll find out if I'm legal in NC. That ins't something I'm too concerned about because it wont cost me thousands of dollars to convert back to stock. lol

05wh250

Reaction score
Main thing on tint is the front windows, supposedly no darker than 32 but mine are 25, not much difference but I've never had any issues.

Latest posts

Members online