help!! truck shut off wont start

97stoker350

Reaction score
Just eat it says threw a cel sputtered and shut off. Has oil and all connections I can see are fine? Cam sensor maybe? I'm half hour from home so any help is awesome and no scangauge

ghohouston

Reaction score
you can at least check the fuses, aside from that, tin nut on the ipr? tried unplugging the icp sensor? are you seeing tach movement while cranking? glow plug light coming on?

97stoker350

Reaction score
Tach moves when cranking. Cps didn't do it. Only thing I could guess is ipr now but it's been running for like 2000 miles since I had it out last

strok'n

Reaction score
thats such a shot in the dark.
sure, it COULD be the ipr, or it COULD be about 50 other things. Youre just talking out of your ass. He has posted NO data logs of icp, for anyone to make that judgement yet

I'm not just talking out of my ass I had the same problem with my truck so it not simply a shot in the dark. Also I never said that it was for sure the ipr all I said was it was a possibility. And instead of coming onto a forum where someone needs help and talking **** try and give some helpful advise. Don't just scroll through and be a dick. If you can't be nice just leave.

Arisley

Reaction score
I'm not just talking out of my ass I had the same problem with my truck so it not simply a shot in the dark. Also I never said that it was for sure the ipr all I said was it was a possibility. And instead of coming onto a forum where someone needs help and talking **** try and give some helpful advise. Don't just scroll through and be a dick. If you can't be nice just leave.

Chill the freak out. He didn't just come on a forum, you just came on this forum and handing out useless 150 dollar parts advice.

I had the same issue and it was out of fuel. It can be a lot of things. No info to know what it is.

GHO has helped out more people on this forum than you have. He also knows what he is talking about.

OP, you say it threw a CEL. You really need to read that code and get back with us. Do Not just start throwing parts at it, that can cost you a lot of money and still have a broken truck.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Everytime that this happened to me, I had a bad injector oring. The ones that came on my new injectors came from a bad batch apparently. No problems since I replaced them with Alliant rings. Only thing was with mine, once the oil cooled down below 80* or so and thickened up the truck would build enough pressure to crank. Just my experience with a similar situation.

97stoker350

Reaction score
you think that could be the problem? it has good oil pressure on dash and aux gauge. it does leak oil out the exhaust manifolds where they mate to the heads which i haven't figured out.

co04cobra

Reaction score
You def need to get it on a scanner. Have you checked fuses and relays, ALL fuses and relays? Looked to see if the nut may have fell off the ipr? Have fuel in the bowl ? Or hear your pump running? (I assumed efuel). Those are the main and easy things to check before you get it on a scanner. If not you could literally spend thousands just replacing parts when it could be a $50 part.

Also check your hpop res. see if it's full. It's unlikely that inj Orings will cause a complete no start.

Arisley

Reaction score
you think that could be the problem? it has good oil pressure on dash and aux gauge. it does leak oil out the exhaust manifolds where they mate to the heads which i haven't figured out.

That's low pressure oil, for lubrication. Injectors run off High pressure oil. Different pump.

Oil leaking out the exhaust manifolds cannot be a good thing.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That's low pressure oil, for lubrication. Injectors run off High pressure oil. Different pump.

Oil leaking out the exhaust manifolds cannot be a good thing.

If the motor was upside down with no injectors in it, it'd be perfectly normal.

If you got a cel you definitely need to read the codes as sucky as it sounds. Im betting its an icp issue not necessarily the sensor but related to the hpo system.

njjeep

Reaction score
Isn't this engine somewhat new? How many miles do you have on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker42

Reaction score
Check the big 30 amp fuse in the fuse block. If it popped it's probably your fuel heater shorted. Is there smoke coming out the exhaust? I have had a IPR go bad and the truck die. Waited about 20 minutes it would start and once heated up would die again, directly a heat issue. Same truck died on the interstate cruising 75-80 pulled over checked fuel bowl and empty. would crank and start and when under load die again, pulled fuel bowl lid and empty again. I installed an Irate diesel electric fuel system and never had the fuel heater or mechanical pump issues since. Good luck

mustube

Reaction score
Also check your hpop res. see if it's full. It's unlikely that inj Orings will cause a complete no start.

I had the same deal last month. Truck died while I was driving around and wouldn't restart hot or cold. Turned out to be injector o rings on one injector.

OP you need to get a scanner and check codes and also check ICP. My res would stay full until it sat for several hours. I'm pretty sure if the fuel bowl fuse burns out then it won't try to fire the injectors at all so if it's trying to fire then it's something else.

Latest posts

Members online