Tire pressure & rotation ?

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I just hit the 5k on these Toyo MT's 35s
and am trying to figure out the best rotation pattern.
( front 2 back, x-pattern , or something else? )
My understanding is the right rear tire wears the most. If that is the case wouldn't it be a good idea to have every tire end up on the right rear at some point.

What do you guys and gals do?

Also after some reading several weeks ago it seems like 45psi is common when guys are not towing.
Most I will tow unless something cool happens is about 4k lb boat,
Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
Should say in the manual, but this is what I do.

nondirectional.jpg

Daddystoy

Reaction score
I rotate my ATII's front to rear. Have 10K miles on them now with minimal wear. Could probably go with a criss-cross pattern for longer life, but in the driveway it's to much of a PITA to do. One thing with the criss-cross pattern is directional tires may not like that pattern. I run 50-55PSI when not towing and 65 with the 5th wheel in tow.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
OK I understand this was recommended from the factory just heard over the years it was not the best choice with beefy tires. Some people I have talked to say because of the tread wear it will get out of wack if you switch sides. But I will go with this, just wanted to make sure.
OK so about the tire pressure, I will be taking the boat to lake George in a couple weeks, like stated above its about 4k lbs
Can I keep my tires at 45psi or do I need to bump them up?
Now a quick tune question, can I run the Hot tune while towing 4k or is that a big no no. I really just feel the hot then offers the smoothest ride with acceleration shifting and MPG.

Thanks for info guys.

86ford69

Reaction score
My tires recommend 65 so all four our at 65z been driving it 8 months and have not noticed any wear yet. Master carat courser ATs

97 F250 HD auto 4x4
3.55s turning 16.6!

ToMang07

Reaction score
OK I understand this was recommended from the factory just heard over the years it was not the best choice with beefy tires. Some people I have talked to say because of the tread wear it will get out of wack if you switch sides. But I will go with this, just wanted to make sure.
OK so about the tire pressure, I will be taking the boat to lake George in a couple weeks, like stated above its about 4k lbs
Can I keep my tires at 45psi or do I need to bump them up?
Now a quick tune question, can I run the Hot tune while towing 4k or is that a big no no. I really just feel the hot then offers the smoothest ride with acceleration shifting and MPG.

Thanks for info guys.

I run 60-65 all the time unless I'm of road.
As far as tune... biggest concern is EGTs, but I'd worry about tranny shift points too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

TripleE44

Reaction score
I run 40-45psi all the time, and it rides wayyyy better than 60+. Tire wear seems to be perfectly even still also.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I run 45 front and 35 back. Max psi rating is for max load. Over inflated tires will wear faster. I alternate between front to back and crisscross. Reason being I do burnouts occasionally so if you mix a tire that is more worn down and one with more tread the difference in size will cause the limited slip diff in my truck to wear faster. This isn't an issue if you have a electric locker.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
For air pressure do the following:
Draw a line from the inside to the outside across the tread, I use either a paint pen or a grease pen.
Drive in a straight line for a little bit dont turn.
Look at the line. If it is gone in the middle, too much air, outside not enough.
All tires are different.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Draw a line from the inside to the outside across the tread, I use either a paint pen or a grease pen.
Look at the line. If it is gone in the middle, too much air, outside not enough.
All tires are different.
that is a very vey good easy way to do it.. I normally just went from a dirt road to a paved road and see if the entire tread width is black or if it is still brown on the outside edges.

live life full throttle

NY_Mott

Reaction score
All tires are different.

Ahh that is some really good advice, I will be spending some time on her this weekend and this will be done for sure.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.