Stage 2 MTW vs. Powermax

BigBlue

Reaction score
Well I think the time has come for me to invest in a better turbo. Got the truck studded and deleted last year, been driving on custom tunes from innovative for awhile and I think it's time for another upgrade. I have been looking into the PowerMax and the MTW stage 1 or 2 turbo. Does anyone know how they compare or how the stage 2 sounds compared to the PowerMax?

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Check out barder turbo. He can help you out with a power max or a stage 1 or 2 with much better quality and customer service.

Last edited:

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Stage 1 is close to a pmax, stage 2 is a slight upgrade from a pmax. Stage 2 is good with 155/30 or 175/30 injectors. If you can spend a little more go for the Madd Max 66mm from MTW. It's a great all around turbo for stock to 190's.

Dieseldan73

Reaction score
Stage 1 is close to a pmax, stage 2 is a slight upgrade from a pmax. Stage 2 is good with 155/30 or 175/30 injectors. If you can spend a little more go for the Madd Max 66mm from MTW. It's a great all around turbo for stock to 190's.

I agree with this guy. My MadMax is awesome.:rockon:

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I'll just say this, there were a couple new/barely used MTW sty 2 turbos when I was looking, for around $1300. I got a stock powermax...

Barder gets my vote over MTW. I've read to many negatives on MTW to chance it.

BigBlue

Reaction score
Hmm. Alright. Is the Barder stage 2 gonna spool alright? I'm probably gonna be running stock sticks for awhile. Just want to make sure it'll run alright.

BigBlue

Reaction score
I knew that lol. Already got tunes, just gonna need em tweaked. Just need to make sure that the stock sticks will be able to provide enough juice to spool this thing

04 f350

Reaction score
Egts are actually going to get a little hotter with the powermax, its bigger although its not way bigger its going to have some lag which means higher temps. Having a tune written for the turbo will help tremendously

Super Diesel

Reaction score

I agree, I'm digging my Mad Max

I agree with this guy. My MadMax is awesome.:rockon:

Yep!

Hmm. Alright. Is the Barder stage 2 gonna spool alright? I'm probably gonna be running stock sticks for awhile. Just want to make sure it'll run alright.

Should spool fine, my MTW Stage 2 spooled fine with stock sticks.

Also wondering how much my EGTs are gonna drop, if any

Probably won't see a drop in EGTs unless you're WOT. Bigger turbos usually run hotter when driving around the city.

BigBlue

Reaction score
Well, went ahead and ordered the Barder Stage 2 last week. Should be here this Monday. Can't wait to see what it will do!

BigBlue

Reaction score
Turbo is on... sounds sweet. Unfortunately I think I have a boost leak somewhere. On heavier acceleration there is a noticeable whooshing noise coming from the drivers side. Y-pipe seems to be flush and on tight, intercooler hoses seemed okay visually. Seemed o drive okay, jsut a little laggy. WOT seeing about 30psi. However when I try to stop and build boost holding the brakes, it only builds 7psi and holds there even with full throttle. Am I missing something here?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.