2014 f250 aftermarket nav

jonnysteals

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2014 f250 xlt crew cab diesel. Its an xlt with leather not a fancy truck like my lariat was. However I want a touch screen nav with backup camera. However I want to retain my sync capabilites and my steerig wheel controls. Has anyone ever done this I have the steering wheel controls and and I think its a 6 disk cd changer.

I think this is what I need.
Kenwood Excelon DNX690HD
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_613DNX690H/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX690HD.html?cc=01&tp=20212

iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Factory Integration Adapter
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADS...-MRR-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

ford adapter for maestro
F-Series Super Duty (base & navigation model) 2008-2014 ADS-HRN(SR)-FOR01

back up camera
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_074RVCLPMB/Accele-RVCLPMB.html

jonnysteals

Reaction score
My cd player is this one.

2013-Ford-F-250-Super-Duty-XLT-FX4-Crew-Cab-center-stack.jpg

jcain

Reaction score
You're not limited to Kenwood and maestro. You can use ANY brand radio, add a PAC Audio MS-FRD1and an axxess swi aswc

jonnysteals

Reaction score
You're not limited to Kenwood and maestro. You can use ANY brand radio, add a PAC Audio MS-FRD1and an axxess swi aswc

Acording to http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=919
the PAC Audio MS-FRD1 only supports up to 2012 f250. There website is old but you sure this will work.

I will not be installing it; I work with a guy who used to do this for a living. I just plan on dropping it all off but want to make sure we have everything needed first.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'd steer clear of kenwood, their newer stuff has kinda gone low jack especially with their double din units....mine went to a white screen in a year. I'll see if I can get a name of a harness that will work, surely there's something that works by now with the window's OS on these.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I've had no issues with my pioneer. Maybe contact them and see if it's been released yet.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
I talked to the developer of mastero. it looks like if you got the 3.5 in screen (in gauges) or the 8 inch nav screen they cant support you. They are workign on supporting the 3.5 inch screen now but have no plans on supporting the replacing of the 8 inch screen (my touch)

TrickTruck

Reaction score
If I were you I'd avoid the Kenwood like the plague. I have it and it's constantly crashing and doing weird stuff. On a 2600 mile trip we had to stop, pull over, shut the truck off and open a door to get it to stop screaming at us. GPS takes from quick to forever to acquire satellites depending on it's mood. Pandora is useless as is bluetooth phone as neither work with any reliability. It doesn't work with the sync mic so the shop wired one up at the windshield and all the person you are talking to hears is wind noise. No dimming feature (what there is sucks) so on a dark night we have to throw a tshirt over it to keep it from blinding the driver. You can't use it's odbc w/ the minimax as the kenwood will block it. The list goes on, that's just off the top of my head.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
Do you have the 690HD. I accidentally posted the wrong model. I am looking at
Kenwood DNX571HD

TrickTruck

Reaction score
If you are going to get a kenwood, get the 991, that's the new bad boy, but don't be surprised if it's as bug ridden as the one I have.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
crap I talked to the Idatalink people Only a few alpines are supported. All of kenwood and pioneer firmware was not ready. It looks like crutchfield has a 60 day ni questions asked returned policy

Not sure if i should wait or buy the kenwood.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but why not go with a factory unit or can you even add the factory nav to trucks like yours and mine?

jonnysteals

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but why not go with a factory unit or can you even add the factory nav to trucks like yours and mine?

you cant on the 2014 and maybe 2013 there was a dash changes on the truck with nav. Above the radio there is a bump out liek where the dage cluster is for the nav. Looks like we have all the wires for it stock but the dash would need to be reconfigured.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
you cant on the 2014 and maybe 2013 there was a dash changes on the truck with nav. Above the radio there is a bump out liek where the dage cluster is for the nav. Looks like we have all the wires for it stock but the dash would need to be reconfigured.

Ah I gotcha. Well that's good information to know! I'll still keep an eye out on this to see how it turns out.

4D Tech

Reaction score

While it is true you can't add the MFT navigation unit that would have come in your truck from the factory, you can add the factory nav that came in the 2012 trucks and is still being installed in the Expeditions. The install is very simple and provides you with complete factory look and feel. Further, all of your factory equipment (steering wheel controls, Sync, etc.) will work flawlessly.

Hope this helps,
Steve
4D Tech Inc.

Latest posts

Members online