Lower my 96 F350?

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Hey guys, im interested in dropping the truck a few inches. Not a whole lot, but a little.

Im planning on taking the factory rear block out, from what ive read its 2". And then the front im thinking about cutting 1/2 or 1 full coil out.

Now it is 2wd and has I-beams. Right now it has a little positive camber, (enough for me to see it, im guessing 1 to 1.5*). So maybe after the drop it will bring camber closer to 0*?

Im curious if this would work, and what you guys have all done. And does anybody have any pics?

Thanks,
Daniel

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I guess ill try it and let you guys know. Start by cutting 1/2 coil and then measure it to see if i need to go down more.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Yeah i know it will cause toe to be out (Bumpsteer is a b*tch on i-beamed trucks), and obviously it will change camber. But its already a little positive camber as it is, so im hoping it will actually correct that.

I was an alignment tech for several tire/auto repair shops, so thats not my worry. Ill post on here my results when i get it done.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd try changing the I beams. They make ones made for lowering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
After looking at lowering kits, seems DJM suspension makes the "Dream Beam". Which is a 3" Lowering beam, and its only about $550, which is a lot cheaper than i thought! But, 3" in the front means ill have to drop the rear about 5", which im not sure i want to go that low. I just want to go down a couple inches.

The truck does have 34" Tires on it right now, maybe on my next set of tires ill go a little smaller size and lower it more after...