Do I need the ebp sensor?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Being that I'm non vgt do I really need the ebp sensor hooked up? I would like to put my Isspro ebp sensor there and use it to monitor.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I've always heard that the aftermarket EBP sensors never last as long at the OEM ones do. That's just hearsay though.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have had this sensor monitoring the back pressure between stages for the last two year and it has been great. The thing is the back pressure between stages is always 1:1 with boost from the LP turbo so I don't really need it there and since the factory one maxes out around 75psi I would like to move my 100psi sensor there and monitor it with the isspro gauge.

sootie

Reaction score
i would make a quick call to your tuner and ask....

Black AOD

Reaction score
I have had this sensor monitoring the back pressure between stages for the last two year and it has been great. The thing is the back pressure between stages is always 1:1 with boost from the LP turbo so I don't really need it there and since the factory one maxes out around 75psi I would like to move my 100psi sensor there and monitor it with the isspro gauge.

The ability to read up to 100 PSI would be a big benefit. My EBP on my High Powers is about 70ish so it's almost maxing out the factory sensor. If I ever upgraded turbos and fuel again, I'd probably go the same route that you are looking at for the same reason.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have mine still in but I max it out. I also have a 100psi ebp gauge as well. I'm sure MCC can turn it off.
I guess I should have thought about that. I will just unplug it and see what codes pop up if any. If every thing works out I will move my isspro pressure sensor there and leave the factory one hooked up and moved to the side.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Most likely you will get a code but i dont think it will set a light. I might be wrong on that. If you are running a non vgt tune you shouldn't get boost/back pressure correlation codes.

I was trying to make it so you could put a bigger sensor in that and rescale it so it would read normally from a dashdaq or any other scanner but never go there.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Also the factory ebp sensor works great for monitoring coolant pressure If you're into that sort of thing.

Members online

No members online now.