Found Dustin's Old Truck

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
If that was the original engine in the truck from when it was sold off.... I wouldn't be surprised if the block was cracked from over torque on the head studs. I vaguely remember reading about them being torque to something stupid like 350lbs and having issues with a thread. Lots and lots of stress on the block with that much torque.

I could be wrong. But it's rare. Lol

Swing and a miss LOL

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
If that was the original engine in the truck from when it was sold off.... I wouldn't be surprised if the block was cracked from over torque on the head studs. I vaguely remember reading about them being torque to something stupid like 350lbs and having issues with a thread. Lots and lots of stress on the block with that much torque.

I could be wrong. But it's rare. Lol

Not original motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You drunk?

Reread. Original engine it was SOLD OFF WITH.

Maybe check your eyes.

The last engine that was in the frame rails when it was sold from its famous owner on here. Could have made full circle. Jasper does things like that!

Last edited:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Yea we bought this as a roller so we went with a brand new ford block in round 1.....round 2 were hoping to start with a new ford block again as well

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yea we bought this as a roller so we went with a brand new ford block in round 1.....round 2 were hoping to start with a new ford block again as well

Well... im still watching this thread, despite my shorted brain moments. Very nice build!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
YEP no the engine that was in the truck. I still have that block and yes its cracked. Made a ton of passes cracked tho. Little Sealant in the holes and she was good to go. It did have metal in the filter is why i sold as a roller in the first place.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
YEP no the engine that was in the truck. I still have that block and yes its cracked. Made a ton of passes cracked tho. Little Sealant in the holes and she was good to go. It did have metal in the filter is why i sold as a roller in the first place.

bet you my filter has more then yours did :)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mine was minor honestly. My suspision is it has a bent rod and a piston was starting to rub the skirt

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
so a little update on this. finally found what i believe is a good used block. should have it up to the machine shop by the end of the week and maybe get a little progress going on round 2

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well should have the block in my hands later today. it will be at the machine shop tomorrow. Tyler and Sean from Street diesel Performance are working on getting my other two pistons ready. this used block is going .10 over and going to skip the fill on this one.

happy to finally get some progress on this truck again. April is right around the corner!.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't really think you need the fill. Save some money. Hopefully it works better this time!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Long waited update, Block should be back from the machine shop end of this week, new pistons should be here by the weeks end, looks like we may actually start getting this thing back together over the weekend!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
finally on the long road back to getting this truck up and running! we have a few changes comming this go around and hopefully we can keep this one together a little longer to get it dialed in and start making some power!

IMG_6216_zpsndtc3r9k.jpg

IMG_6232_zps4vyhxyhd.jpg

IMG_6275_zpsfvehs5ur.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
finally on the long road back to getting this truck up and running! we have a few changes comming this go around and hopefully we can keep this one together a little longer to get it dialed in and start making some power!

IMG_6216_zpsndtc3r9k.jpg

IMG_6232_zps4vyhxyhd.jpg

IMG_6275_zpsfvehs5ur.jpg

Is the rundown on this setup about the same as before parts wise?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.