Mpd 6.4 s467.7 single kit

08ohio6.4

Reaction score
I have a 08 6.4 that I put a single turbo on. The kit I used was by Maryland performance diesel, and I choose the s467.7 because they told me it be best for my truck running stock fuel, it was biggest I could go. Well I put it on and ran the truck for less than 3000 miles and my turbo seals went bad, I had sent it back and they took about 3 months to get it back to me and could never return a call. I finally get it back and they told me it was all rebuilt and good to go so I put it to back on and drive the truck for two weeks and put 800 miles on the turbo and it bows again.it has now been another month that they have had it and can't tell me anything as usual and say they will call back always and never do. So I keep calling them and it was supposed to be here this week but yet again that was another lie. One I would say I am very disappointed in there customer service! And I also have gone through everything with them and it's not my truck that is killing this turbo, it's the turbo itself that's bad and I'm supposed to get a new one but haven't seen anything, this sucks haven't been able to use my truck all year. Has anyone else had this experience with Maryland or a s467.7 fmw turbo from them, it's a borgwarner turbo.

08ohio6.4

Reaction score
Can't get it to upload. It's a an 10 fitting and hone that was supplied in the kit

08ohio6.4

Reaction score
Yes, they had a 45 and a 90, the 45 is off the turbo and the 90 connects to the drain on pedestal

08ohio6.4

Reaction score
Wanted to share my experience with Maryland and also wanted to get idea of what people thought of this turbo if it was good or bad. White_monster thank you for your input I'll look into that and ask them about it.

pog

Reaction score
mpd is top notch. Two years after I made my initial purchase they stood behind their product.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Doesn't help that the 467 supercores were on backorder for whatever reason. The new one should be to you this week. I have had 4 different iterations of our S400 kit on my truck, the only issue i ran into was a leaky fitting (first design which was quickly changed) and a blowed out bearing on my 72SXE(the bearings on the box chargers have severe oiling issues that i guess have been solved since). The only oil feed/drain issue we have ran into was over oiling the newer S300SXE chargers, which we changed up and started using -4 Feed lines instead of -6 which solved the issue. So to say the issue is with our kit would not be fully accurate, we have done extensive testing with all sorts of turbos, lines, fittings and even fitting placement for the drains which is why the newer style pedestals have the drain on the driver side, not the passenger side. Regardless, When you were dealing with Kyle he may not have been in contact with you as much as he should have, but when he quit and I got ahold of this, I have done everything in my power to make sure it gets handled. Even ate the charges for a brand new super core to make sure you were content with the product. Unfortunately it took a bit of time to get said supercore, but It should be to you by the end of the week as long as mother nature plays nice.

PS thanks pog :)

White_monster

Reaction score
Mpd has been nothing but great to me with all my dealings. They even exchanged parts I decided not to use for different parts. Sounds like Josh has taken care of this to the best of his abilities, he's got no control of the shipping of parts from his vendor. Props to you Josh.

08ohio6.4

Reaction score
Getstroked27 I'm not saying it was your kit. Just saying we had eliminated it being my truck. The rest of your kit is well built! I was upset with that Kyle that quite service but your guy Josh has been very helpful, I was told that it should have been to me by last weekend and it wasn't and finally learned today at 12 that it was on backorder, and should be to me by end of week, that was info I didn't know until today! This post was also just to get people's reveiws on what they had though of the turbo and if this was a common problem.

BOSS450

Reaction score
Mpd has been nothing but great to me with all my dealings. They even exchanged parts I decided not to use for different parts. Sounds like Josh has taken care of this to the best of his abilities, he's got no control of the shipping of parts from his vendor. Props to you Josh.

I'm not starting a pissing match but regardless of what caused the situation, parts back ordered, customers fault, vendors fault, anything if you tell someone you're gonna call them Back you should call back. And if you said turbos gonna show up this week it should atleast be in the mail.

Latest posts

Members online