Update on big blue

sootie

Reaction score
i wish i could remember who on here had a good fix for that. Try reaching out to White_Monster and jdgleason

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine used to sound like there was a news chopper over head. wayne fixed mine for me .

Shafer171

Reaction score
Thanks guys I will get in touch with them. As far as my wg goes, I am running a precision gate, in my research on here it looks like most are running a regulator?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys I will get in touch with them. As far as my wg goes, I am running a precision gate, in my research on here it looks like most are running a regulator?

yep, some try 40# spring without , but most just run a generic regulator for much better control .

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Everybody has there preference on how much spring to run on there gate.
I run about 1.4 bar which is almost 20 pounds, but with a regulator it honistly won't matter if set up correctly.
As far as the lines go you can't have any tension what so ever.
Make sure none of the clamps are pulling on the lines.
They need to line up absolutely perfect. I also sipped some rubber hose over the lines, which help immensely.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Everybody has there preference on how much spring to run on there gate.
I run about 1.4 bar which is almost 20 pounds, but with a regulator it honistly won't matter if set up correctly.
As far as the lines go you can't have any tension what so ever.
Make sure none of the clamps are pulling on the lines.
They need to line up absolutely perfect. I also sipped some rubber hose over the lines, which help immensely.

I'm thinking the rubber line over them is what I'll try first
As far as the gate I currently have it set up per the instructions to the bottom port is the boost feed and the top is vent. If I change how it's set up and run a reg I would then run the line in the top port correct?

Last edited:

Pan4905

Reaction score
I'm thinking the rubber line over them is what I'll try first
As far as the gate I currently have it set up per the instructions to the bottom port is the boost feed and the top is vent. If I change how it's set up and run a reg I would then run the line in the top port correct?

I have regulated boost going to the bottom port and the top port open with the stiffest spring set in the wastegate. That's how the instructions showed to do mine. I have the regulator set so that back pressure doesn't get about 68 or so psi.
I know there are different ways to do it. This way seemed the simplest and seems to work.

sootie

Reaction score
if you wastegate is fed from an uppipe, why not run the heaviest spring combo you can, leave the side port open and run regulated boost to the top. Then adjust your regulator based on desired ebp.

Shafer171

Reaction score
if you wastegate is fed from an uppipe, why not run the heaviest spring combo you can, leave the side port open and run regulated boost to the top. Then adjust your regulator based on desired ebp.

Mine is fed from the up pipe and that is my exact thought. I put it in according to the instructions but that seems to be a much simpler and efficient way of doing it. When you say side port open you mean for a relief or vent?

sootie

Reaction score
Side port is just not needed in this application. What turbos do you have again?

Shafer171

Reaction score
So I'm getting this right, if running boost into the top you are keeping the gate closed until you exceed the regulated pressure correct? Where if using the bottom port you are opening the gate, am I thinking of this correctly?

sootie

Reaction score
depends on the gate manufacturer. All I know is if you run it the way I said-it works lol. With your turbos, you will actually want to watch the boost number when adjusting the waste gate. 48 psi is the sweet spot. It's actually making more efficient power there than at 50+ and keeping the valves happy at the same time.

Last edited:

Shafer171

Reaction score
So not good news. Truck has been running great and been really taking it easy have about 79 miles on the break in and decided to take it to work this morning. Felt something let loose and a slight vibration, started to limp it back home as I was only a few miles away and it died will crank but no start. Something is def broke in there but the only code I'm getting is a p2291

Shafer171

Reaction score
All on my list of things to check, I had to work so when I get home I'll tear into it. Can't believe it's gaining oil the engine only has 100 miles on it

Shafer171

Reaction score
Got home pulled the belt and pump is ok. Pulled the filter and drained the oil, it has more glitter on it than a strippers tits.
277c243363f46d13acf801e59e38b185.jpg
8e1efef2b691fc7fae2ab78c0729b856.jpg
25dd2e35124b2247b45285c5dc57c2d3.jpg
0970cdc12b022f13a4179810cc605f7b.jpg

I've had enough of this miserable bitch today, I will tear into it tomorrow and see what the valve train looks like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online