My new Warren Transmission is leaking

Buckiii2

Reaction score
It is leaking bad from the vents in the bell housing. Only 4k miles on it. Any ideas on what would be the cause? Will I have to have the tranny pulled? 08 F250.

timj

Reaction score
A leak from the bellhousing is only the pump paper gasket, or the converter to pump seal. More than not this is a trans installation error type leak.

Buckiii2

Reaction score
Guy that installed it is coming by my house Monday to look at it. Don't know what he is going to look at. All I know is I have a new tranny with less than 4k on it that I shouldn't have to pay to have fixed. My original had 160k on it with no problems. I should have paid the core and kept it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its all part of putting modded stuff on your truck. There will be hiccups

fordboy11

Reaction score
So it's leaking out of the top vent? Or is it leaking from the bell housing between the motor an tranny? How much fluid is on the dip stick?

Buckiii2

Reaction score
So it's leaking out of the top vent? Or is it leaking from the bell housing between the motor an tranny? How much fluid is on the dip stick?

Bell housing vents. Fluid on the bottom of the stick after I added a half quart. This is the reply I got from the shop guy a few minutes ago.

Yes. I'll be there @ 4:15pm. To check it , you do know that if it is the convert seal gone bad the Trans needs to be removed. You will have to send it back for your warranty. Their is a charge for labor On removal of transmission
His text,

Latest posts

Members online