6.4 help!

Safarijeepjim

Reaction score
Newbie here so take it easy on me guys. 09 6.4, mini maxx tuner, *** ******, egr turned off but still in truck. Other day the fan was running non-stop, got home and shut the truck off. Next day truck wouldnt start. Batteries had date codes showing they were 7yrs old so figured that was the problem. Put 2 new batteries in and still no start. Went into my tuner and showed 2 codes, p006B and u0073. Reset codes and truck started right up. Figured id take it to the dealer to have it checked (just bought this thing!). It was single digits out here. Drove the truck a couple hours (returned old batteries for core) then drove to yhe dealership. Bout 20 min from dealership the engine light came on. Codes p2263 and p2563. Researched and says possibly the ebp sensor/tube froze up? Truck has 107k miles, i also hear that tube n sensor usually goes around 100k anyways? Question is wtf is causing all this? Did i buy a POS truck? Lol. Could the old batteries have caused the first 2 codes and a no-start? Or is there a connection issue with the tuner maybe? Should i be getting concerned? Dealer sounds like they want to rectify the situation...and hopefully they do! Hoping you ford lifers can shed some light on my situation, point me in some right directions ect. Hell i allready started buying parts for this thing to help its longevity ie true egr ******, coolant filter kit... hope i didnt make a bad purchase:shrug:

My09Ride

Reaction score
Book say for the P006B MAP and/or EP sensor, circuity , or sensors biased. Should not be more than 1.5lbs. difference between MAP and EP with KOEO. To answer the other question I think Yes?

Ship4Brains

Reaction score
I am assuming you just bought the truck from that dealership? If so, Hell Yeah they should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Change the ebp sensor and tube. Could have been frozen. If the clutch fan is still running, check the wiring harness that runs along the bottom of the rad support. They are known for chaffing thru and shorting out the fan.

Safarijeepjim

Reaction score
Yah. Just bought it monday. Lol. Its a beautiful truck! Just getting a bit worried with all this stuff happening at once..:bowfast: waiting for them to call me back to see what they find. Kinda bummed out. The condition of the truck would make ya thin it was well cared for...but who knows. Atleast its not my daily driver. Lol
What does KOEO stand for? Can i pull up the MAP and EP on the mini maxx? Obviously havent had alot of time to play with it

sootie

Reaction score
You think this is bad...wait until you crack a piston or eat a hpfp lol

gman1

Reaction score
Yah. Just bought it monday. Lol. Its a beautiful truck! Just getting a bit worried with all this stuff happening at once..:bowfast: waiting for them to call me back to see what they find. Kinda bummed out. The condition of the truck would make ya thin it was well cared for...but who knows. Atleast its not my daily driver. Lol
What does KOEO stand for? Can i pull up the MAP and EP on the mini maxx? Obviously havent had alot of time to play with it

KOEO stands for key on engine off.

Safarijeepjim

Reaction score
Lol. Like i said..im just glad its not my daily driver ��
Im gonna be doing maintenance religiously! And wont be beatin it up with the skinny pedal. Was hoping this rig would last me....

NY_Mott

Reaction score
You think this is bad...wait until you crack a piston or eat a hpfp lol
Dam....
I mean I was thinking it; but did not want to go from 0-100 that quick...

OP. Your on the right track with maintenance, clean fuel is a huge plus!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Safarijeepjim

Reaction score
Dealership called back. They said the tuner is whats causing the cel to come on? I think theyre blowing smoke up my ass. Its a mini maxx, they say its an old unit and they dont make em anymore and that its set on the highest setting (which i know it wasnt cause it was set on the one setting below the highest. It has 4 power settings) wtf. When i go in there ill just buy a flippin ebp tube and sensor amd do that part myself. They suggested i buy a newer tuner... should i go with that advice? Seems like i see all sorts of other posts where guys are using the mini maxx??

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dealership called back. They said the tuner is whats causing the cel to come on? I think theyre blowing smoke up my ass. Its a mini maxx, they say its an old unit and they dont make em anymore and that its set on the highest setting (which i know it wasnt cause it was set on the one setting below the highest. It has 4 power settings) wtf. When i go in there ill just buy a flippin ebp tube and sensor amd do that part myself. They suggested i buy a newer tuner... should i go with that advice? Seems like i see all sorts of other posts where guys are using the mini maxx??

its not the tuner . if you decide to go that route let me know i can help, but you shouldn't need to . it's a mechanical issue , and the people telling you that are chimps .

Safarijeepjim

Reaction score
Yah. I figured it wasnt a tuner issue.. i was gonna just buy a ebp tube and sensor and replace it....when thise codes triped i didnt notice massive boost or any driveability issues at all! Wondering if it was just a quick trip? Ive heard the tube and sensor usually give up around 100k miles which, im at 107k. Once i replace i will keep the old tube and sensor, see just how dirty it is. There is still the issue that started the whole thing, when the engine fan came on and stayed on. After i parked and shut it down it didnt start 2 days later, and had the 2 codes. Was hoping it was just weak batteries and super cold conditions tripped something...blah

Latest posts

Members online