t4 non vgt kit, need some help

04cr450

Reaction score
this is not a bashing thread at all just scratching my head here and need some help for the experienced non vgt guys. I have been having crazy issues with the non vgt kit I have purchased, the first company I dealt with- the kit was no where near fitting up pipe wise, sent the kit back and the company handled it professionally.

this current kit I have is from mpd- the up pipes are beautiful, great work, up pipes are made out of 304 stainless all new etc and fit like a glove. problem is the turbo drain(see pic below) what in the world did they fit this up too? lol maybe I am looking at it wrong but It looks like I need another straight fitting in place of the 90 degree so I have room to fit the hose they supplied me with to connect the two fittings. Actually I say this, I have no room for the hose if I use these fittings so I think I need a totally different setup fitting wise to squeeze any kind of hose in there. Anybody else ever have this issue? I will go to mpd on Monday and see if they can exchange a couple fittings but wanted to ask you guys here first before I go there. thanks a lot.

non%20vgt%20drain_zpsedujc5rs.jpg

04cr450

Reaction score
I did that as well and it was worse, the hose would have been to short and also would have been routed in an up hill s shape. That wouldn't have worked and would have drainage issues correct?

swinky

Reaction score
Put the 90 up top and make it face slightly back then run a long enough hose so you can loop it around and not kink.

04cr450

Reaction score
Won't work. The 90 has a long radius. To long to do that, it over shoots the straight fitting making it imposing to fit a hose of any kind in there. I'm just going to have to go to mpd and they'll have to set me up with something else. .
Wish they would have test fitted it before selling the kit to someone.

swinky

Reaction score
Won't work. The 90 has a long radius. To long to do that, it over shoots the straight fitting making it imposing to fit a hose of any kind in there. I'm just going to have to go to mpd and they'll have to set me up with something else. .
Wish they would have test fitted it before selling the kit to someone.
Your luck sounds like mine. Except my first kit worked :cool: it sucks but when it comes to aftermarket stuff that's just a small hiccup that mpd will make right. I'm happy as hell I'm not half an hour from them..... I'd be broker than I is now...... Actually I don't think that's possible.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Dang that's a real close fit. Mine looks nothing like that. My CED kit is a threaded an style like yours up top on the turbo and then uses the original oring style piece at the bottom. Is that a s300 or s400 kit?

matt92idi

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it should be nearly that close. At least mine isn't. Can you make the 90 point down some so it would come down and then around?

04cr450

Reaction score
Your luck sounds like mine. Except my first kit worked :cool: it sucks but when it comes to aftermarket stuff that's just a small hiccup that mpd will make right. I'm happy as hell I'm not half an hour from them..... I'd be broker than I is now...... Actually I don't think that's possible.

believe me lol Its been crazy, I hope I like this new setup because if I don't I am going to make myself and my two other buddies that lent me a hand with this build upset- been working on this truck for over two weeks(shipping and waiting for new parts etc etc) trying to get this t4 kit to work(this is the third set of t4 up pipes I have tried, fortunately this set fit perfect like factory)
I hate relying on other people because you never know the truth other than: "well the kit fit perfect on my mock up motor"....

Anyways its water under the bridge now, I just want to hear what you experienced non vgt guys think about this drain fitment issue etc etc.

04cr450

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it should be nearly that close. At least mine isn't. Can you make the 90 point down some so it would come down and then around?

no, like I said above, its a long radius 90 and no matter how you rotate it etc etc it will hit the hpop cover etc etc and no room at all to squeeze the hose in between the two fittings.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Wait a sec.... Not a joke but is it mounted upside down? Or maybe turning the center section of the turbo a little so your drain is leaning towards the pass side (or driversside) so you would have more room to work with. I'm not sure if leaning it would affect how it drains tho. If I stop driving for a minute I'll take some pictures of mine

HOOV3R

Reaction score
The older style that I have is just a nipple machined on the aluminum plate. That hose barb setup you have is far too long to work.