stupid blue egr cooler hose

slc6oh

Reaction score
so , the blue egr cooler hose on the truck is leaking... 1800 miles its made it, judging by the crusty coolant, its been leaking a little while, in the valley, down the back of the engine ect.

this is now, 3 times its been new and leaked at least a little bit. (this time being the worst) as the first two times I never even worried about it..
and this time, its not really dripping but maybe a drop every other week, but that's prob cause all the coolant is crusted up.

t.f am I doing wrong?

anyone had luck with a piece of hose and a couple clamps?

slc6oh

Reaction score
UNLESS!!!!

Having it not connected to the up pipe is somehow screwing me

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Use dielectric grease on the seals upon install. It only goes one way also

slc6oh

Reaction score
I mean, could it be not clocked right, and just needs twisted around?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
do you have a cooler still in place for inspection? If so, is the 8mm bolt still supporting the rear of the cooler from the intake manifold?

slc6oh

Reaction score
Well, new blue hose on and still leaks... If not worse now, nipple for oil cooler adapter deal looked fine, what are my options for keeping cooler in place, but maybe doing away with the coolant to the cooler? Or does a piece of straight hose and clamps work

slc6oh

Reaction score
will just a piece of hose and a couple clamps in place of the ford quick connect deal work? will it seal on the oil cooler side wit those ramps there on it for the stock style hose?

after messing with it some, its almost like the pipe coming off the oil cooler is not as straight as should be or something, holding that blue hose just crooked enough to not seal.

slc6oh

Reaction score
c9ee5290c15060a65dea8db5c9d00f86.jpg

Well i feel dumb. Found why it leaked, and got er fixed .

Donno how i missed it the first time