Wrecked my beloved OBS!!!!

Reaction score
On Thursday night just after midnight I was traveling home from work, and was crossing I24 on Fesslers Lane in Nashville when another motorist ran a flashing red light and I t-boned him in the drivers door. i had the right of way as it was a flashing yellow light at the intersection. I was ok and very lucky to not have a scratch on me, the other guy didn't fair so well. My truck was a work in progress like a lot of ours.. I had just built a billet E4OD for it, had a mild motor with studs, springs, pushrods, balanced, 250-200s, diy fuel system, adrenaline, tymar, and PHP hydra and mickey moused D66.. It will be totaled, the front bumper took a hard hit and bent the front frame badly. It had a 4 inch lift and i was just getting ready to buy new rims and tires for it. If any one has any advice on how to deal with the insurance company on a loss like this with something like all of us have so much invested in please feel free to voice it! And for the record I was not found to be at fault in the accident and the other driver was an insured driver.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Just had an accident in front of our house.

**** happens. Hope you can get some stuff back.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
On Thursday night just after midnight I was traveling home from work, and was crossing I24 on Fesslers Lane in Nashville when another motorist ran a flashing red light and I t-boned him in the drivers door. i had the right of way as it was a flashing yellow light at the intersection. I was ok and very lucky to not have a scratch on me, the other guy didn't fair so well. My truck was a work in progress like a lot of ours.. I had just built a billet E4OD for it, had a mild motor with studs, springs, pushrods, balanced, 250-200s, diy fuel system, adrenaline, tymar, and PHP hydra and mickey moused D66.. It will be totaled, the front bumper took a hard hit and bent the front frame badly. It had a 4 inch lift and i was just getting ready to buy new rims and tires for it. If any one has any advice on how to deal with the insurance company on a loss like this with something like all of us have so much invested in please feel free to voice it! And for the record I was not found to be at fault in the accident and the other driver was an insured driver.

Well... with a truck that old you SHOULD be able to claim insurance on it and purchase it right back from the insurance company with a no compete bid. They have absolutely zero interest in a 97 model truck.

Sorry for the misfortune. That's was a heck of a nice truck even with it being a work in progress. Oldy but a goody!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes....^

Whs. They will tell you "oh, if you have receipts we can give you some money for the amenities". So you think "***k it, ill leave it there if they are gonna pay". Don'ttake that bait. Strip that ****er down

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Definitely get the truck back. They are going to offer you blue book value. This isn't a phucking Honda Accord. If prices on a OBS are even similar to Texas it's an expensive truck. The insurance company is banking on you just accepting what ever they tell you they are going to give you. They'll even try to wait you out. Get what you feel like your owed and don't settle for a 4000.00 check because that's what the truck books at. Good luck buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

97f350stroker

Reaction score
When I totalled my crew cab my insurance company was surprisingly easy to work with. The truck was towed to a local garage which a friend of mine owns. Agent from the insurance company came out and did his inspection and appraisal of the damages. A few days later they called and said it was totalled and they would pay me 7,800 for it. I then asked about the option to purchase the truck back and they didn't have an answer for me right away. Next day they called back and said 600 to buy it back and they just took that and the deductible out of my claim money.

Reaction score
I trailered the truck home from the parking lot I drove it too, which the accident occurred only a 1/4 mile from my shop parking lot. It's currently sitting at the house. I'm settling for no less than at least 9000. Tennessee is not a "no fault" state and the other driver who was an insured driver but had no insurance on the van that I had hit. SO I have the part of saying that van was breaking the law, had no right to be there, this was not "just an accident" and I will get a lawyer if I have to and sue for a little more. In the state of Tennessee whoever is found at fault for the accident is liable for all of the crashes expenses. And luckily he is an insured driver and now I have the ability to go after the insurance company for everything I need to replace with another truck that is equivalent plus keep the one that is wrecked.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I trailered the truck home from the parking lot I drove it too, which the accident occurred only a 1/4 mile from my shop parking lot. It's currently sitting at the house. I'm settling for no less than at least 9000. Tennessee is not a "no fault" state and the other driver who was an insured driver but had no insurance on the van that I had hit. SO I have the part of saying that van was breaking the law, had no right to be there, this was not "just an accident" and I will get a lawyer if I have to and sue for a little more. In the state of Tennessee whoever is found at fault for the accident is liable for all of the crashes expenses. And luckily he is an insured driver and now I have the ability to go after the insurance company for everything I need to replace with another truck that is equivalent plus keep the one that is wrecked.

I'm not far down the road from you and was in an accident about 3 years ago where I was not issued a ticket and it was not my fault. The other guy was insured and the insurance companies fought it out. I ended up paying my deductible and moving on with my life... It wasn't worth the time or hassle of a court battle. It was a good excuse to do an '05 front end on the old girl though lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

N2GN2

Reaction score
Just went through this a few months ago thanks to a 13 y/o driver and her drunk passenger mom. Best you can do is buy the truck back ($2000 for my 2000) and put the payout into your next project.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Now the truth comes out not a car on the road an your truck just magically gets messed up. Lol just playing i know it sucks hope you can get it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Be careful with asking full value of the truck and buying it back from the insurance company. If you opt to buy it back, then the truck will get a salvage title. If stay with 80% of the value, you don't have to deal with the title issues. I went through with this issue when my truck stolen/recovered. The insurance company wanted to total it due to the amount of cosmetic damage. I asked for 80% and the insurance company cut me a check with no title drama.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Reaction score
Be careful with asking full value of the truck and buying it back from the insurance company. If you opt to buy it back, then the truck will get a salvage title. If stay with 80% of the value, you don't have to deal with the title issues. I went through with this issue when my truck stolen/recovered. The insurance company wanted to total it due to the amount of cosmetic damage. I asked for 80% and the insurance company cut me a check with no title drama.

Billy T.
[email protected]

That's some very solid advice, I really appreciate that!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.