Looking for advice

KevSher20

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

New guy here from Texas.
Recently installed a Fabtech 6 inch Basic lift with the upgraded stealth shocks and dual stabilizer. 35x12.50x20 on Fuel 2 piece 20x12.

Love the look, never had a lifted truck before so I did this one to see if I liked it.

Brings me to the next part.

Did a 4 Link upgrade from BDS, Firestone ride rite bags with compressor and all the jazz.

What steps should I take next to improve ride quality? I've read so much on here about finding the right shock/spring combo, larger sway bars, coil overs, dual shock set up etc..

I'm definitely going to be looking at larger sway bars as I drove to Austin over the weekend and I could feel body roll, magnified by the windy Texas weather.

As far as softening the ride what are my options?

Also can someone school me on rear suspension? Started with blocks in rear with initial lift. Removed block and added smaller one with a bds add a leaf when I did the bags.

29f7fe3bf9ec065d0d1ee4a3f1d14a0d.jpg

5ca8ede537f883cce14574162f11a8c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sstrobl

Reaction score
truck looks good man, as far as ride goes im not sure since mine isnt lifted up that high. i think running big wide rims and not much sidewall hurts ride quality a good amount. with a 6" lift you could probably fit 37s depending on your offset and backspacing, that would you you some more sidewall for small bump improvement. maybe try playing with tire pressures to start and see if you can get some help there.

RyanD

Reaction score
What part of Texas? I live in San Antonio and haven't seen another SD with that plate - it's a real conversation starter.

KevSher20

Reaction score
I'm San Antonio also
I'm northeast side. Live off Bulverde road and work out by Randolph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanD

Reaction score
Gotcha - I'm in the Medical Center - Oak Hills and work over here. I'll honk if we ever cross paths!

Latest posts

Members online