cruise control woes.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
03 6.0, no cruise control.

Replaced clock spring first because the horn didn't work. Horn works but still no cruise. Scanner says brake pressure switch, check fuses, nothing. replaced switch, still nothing. Replaced the switch on the pedal just because... nothing.

Driving home, I was messing with the buttons. when I press "ON" and "Coast" at the same time, the horn honks?

I am going on a long trip this weekend and I would really like to have cruise for it.. anything?

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Update: Still no cruise, brake switches all functioning, steering wheel switches functioning, no codes anywhere in the computer. every lightbulb in the truck works..... what gives?

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Perhaps a short in the harness or a bad ground?

-KCCO-

I am starting to chase wires, but it's weird because the PCM is receiving all of the proper signals. With my scanner plugged in it reads the following inputs correctly

brake on/off
brake pressure on/off
clutch on/off

cruise on
cruise off
resume
set/accel
set/coast

So one would think, that if the pcm can read all of those things, that it would work.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Figured it out! The Clutch Pedal Position switch runs TWO circuits. One of them is for the starter, the other is for cruise. My scanner reads the former, my problem was with the latter.

Latest posts

Members online