Balance Beads?

little luke

Reaction score
It will not harm the wheel if that's what your asking. I have them in my bmf,s with 35 12.50 20 mud graps. They ride smooth as any tire I ever had. It's really according to how much rubber you have, 420,s should balance out good either way beads or weight as they are light and not agressive.

I use equal and a brand called counteract. The counteract is actual glass beads, and is sensor safe. Basically you go by the chart that comes with the product, the bags come in 4,6,8,10,12oz. Remove all weight from wheel, throw the correct size bag and all in the tire, install a special valve core and done. It take a few miles to bust the bags then the powder is distributed to where it needs to be as the tire spins. It is not as effective at slow speeds. It last the life of the tire as long as moisture is not introduced to allow it clump, which I have never seen happen.

The moisture is an important thing. I had beads installed in the last set of tires I installed on my f150. It rode great at first, but by the end of the day at 55mph you had to hold onto the steering wheel with both hands. Took it to another shop the next day and moisture had clumped it up in all 4 tires. I had them cleaned and balanced with regular weights.

78f100

Reaction score
Mainly looking for balanceability.. they will be a 22x12 with a 305/45r22 General grabber UHP

I will have to look at the chart tomorrow. If I had to guess that low profile tire would require a 4oz bag. I am not sure where the limit is on them as we usually use it on bigger tires. I know the charts don't list anything for smaller passenger tires. A 305 45 22 doesn't have a big sidewall, so if it requires any less than 4oz you wouldn't be able to use it.

78f100

Reaction score
I still use regular valve cores. Have not had a problem.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

I did until I tried to air them down at the track one night. If you don't put the core with the agitator on it the powder can clog the valve stem.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I have ran nothing but beads for years.... until recently when I went to using airsoft BBs. They are cheap, work great, and don't seem to care as much if there is moisture in the air.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have ran nothing but beads for years.... until recently when I went to using airsoft BBs. They are cheap, work great, and don't seem to care as much if there is moisture in the air.
i wondered about that!! so how do you measure it out?

live life full throttle

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I measure them in oz and use the same amount as I would counteract, which for me is 6 oz per tire on most of my stuff.

Latest posts

Members online