Obs Tie rod end upgrades

Reaction score
I have a 87 king pin Dana 60. My driver side tre wallered out my knuckle pretty good. Has anyone upgraded to the Chevy tie rod ends and dom tubing? I was thinking of getting a 7/8" reamer and doing a single hi-steer arm to the passenger side and just using the factory steering arm to connect to the top of the knuckle (hi steer arm).

Or would it be easier to use heim joints and drill out the knuckles to what ever size heim I decide on running?

Pics would be good if anyone has any info, I can't find to much out there on people doing this to our trucks. I'm also having trouble finding a ford style single hi steer arm. Every kit I come across if for Chevys and is full hi steer.

Reaction score
I think I got a set up figured out with 1.50" dom and cheby Tre's from a member on PSN. Does anyone have a 7/8" reamer bit I can borrow??:toast:

psmike

Reaction score
interested in this.. there was a company that had all kinds of parts im still trying to find it..

Reaction score
Give Off road Design a call, they are a great group of people with great customer service. They seemed to have good info and did not mind sharing it over the phone.

m j

Reaction score
for the 1.5" DOM you will need to buiy threaded inserts
you should check your local laws regarding welded steering components.
here you cannot have welded parts in your steering
1.25" x 0.219" wall DOM can be direct threaded by hand to accept the 7/8
"x18tpi chevy parts you are probably going to use
the left hand tap is about $100 the reamer is about $100

Reaction score
for the 1.5" DOM you will need to buiy threaded inserts
you should check your local laws regarding welded steering components.
here you cannot have welded parts in your steering
1.25" x 0.219" wall DOM can be direct threaded by hand to accept the 7/8
"x18tpi chevy parts you are probably going to use
the left hand tap is about $100 the reamer is about $100

I'm buying ones already made from A guy on psn who wrecked his truck. No one in FL hassles anyone about truck modifications.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Just a FYI, ruffstuff is coming out with a Chevy kit ready to bolt on. Just need to ream the knuckles. I think it's 2 weeks out when I talked to them.

Latest posts

Members online