Found Dustin's Old Truck

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah just curious because really that thing shouldnt even need a TCM at all with that transmission unless I missed something.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Yeah just curious because really that thing shouldnt even need a TCM at all with that transmission unless I missed something.

when it was down at MPD, there was issues with connecting to the TCM, for some reason a bad TCM. Craig was thinking it seems to be causing the defuel issue once the truck gets above 3800RPM. I just cuts out which was the issue on the dyno as well. So we put a good TCM in, now we have no problem connecting to the TCM im just waiting for craig to change the TCM tune for the Job 2/3 TCM we put in it. Still has the 48 in it with the manual valve body, im assuming this was more just a computer issue.

It's not stock?

Just a couple bolt on parts, lol

this truck is like the red truck...just a simple *** back exhaust

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah i guess i would have figured you guys would have forced a manual file in the PCM and it would have been happy with that.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Did you bypass the clutch safety switch?

we were sitting trying to get some other files to load while waiting to dyno so that we didn't, but after talking to craig and even mentioning putting a manual PCM in it to remove the stock shifter and linkage ect...he said the amount of wiring just wouldn't be worth the aggravation. so we just figure leave it as it is for now.

BOSS450

Reaction score
we were sitting trying to get some other files to load while waiting to dyno so that we didn't, but after talking to craig and even mentioning putting a manual PCM in it to remove the stock shifter and linkage ect...he said the amount of wiring just wouldn't be worth the aggravation. so we just figure leave it as it is for now.

You can by pass all that by going into the bottom of the fuse box. Run two new wires to supply positive and negative to the starting relay. My truck has no tcm or steering column. Made possibly by two wires and a push button on and start.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
You can by pass all that by going into the bottom of the fuse box. Run two new wires to supply positive and negative to the starting relay. My truck has no tcm or steering column. Made possibly by two wires and a push button on and start.

definitely have to look into it.

got the housing swapped, truck brake spools up to 25 pretty nicely. so for tonight if we cant get the defueling figured out well just short shift tonight and try and see if we can get any decent numbers

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Awesome numbers for low rpms.. can't believe it didnt get under the charger like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-2,2-3 I kept it a little higher but first 2 passes od would cut out so pretty much flipped over drive soon as I shifted into 3rd and finally caught it

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
here was the time slip from Friday night, and a picture from Saturday. unfortunately Saturday I couldn't get the turbo to light on the first pass, then we found a broken rocker arm so we were done for the day but non the less, extremely happy with getting into the 10s Friday night on fuel, should be able to get a little more out of it on fuel before we start spraying it.

IMG_2568_zpsrqhupo2o.jpg

IMG_5123_zpsjqcbf8za.jpg

Members online

No members online now.